Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 AM

Default Stamp Room Organization/Storage

I need to organize my stamp room better. What works for you?

How do you organize your supplies? Like:
stamps and inks
scissors and cutters
stencils (both brass and plastic)
dies and embossing folders
ribbon
cardstock and scrapbook paper
paints, sprays
art supplies (chalks, pastels, markers, crayons, pencils, sponges, etc.)
embellishments
magazines

This is just the beginning of the stuff we have. Thanks for sharing your organization/storage ideas!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 AM

So how do you store stencils? I am acquiring brass and plastic ones and need to get them off my desk. Someone said they need to be stored upright to keep them from bending -- don't store them laying flat. Kind of reminds me of record albums??? What works for you?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM

My brass and plastic stencils (which I rarely use) are in 3 ring binders. I was able to purchase plastic sheet that have 4 pockets to a sheet to hold the stencils. If yours are larger then you can just get those plastic page protectors and do the same. I've had my stencils in the binder for over 10 years and have no problems.

Inks - the ones I use most are in an iris type cart right next to my desk.

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Here's a site that I find useful. HTH
http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
~C8>
Old 05-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

A friend of mine recently scored an old tape holder and it is perfect for her ink pads. She got it at a thrift store I think. Very clever idea!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 PM
stampin stacy

Sounds like Nancy and I are on the same wave length for some of our storage methods:

I have my inks in a shorter iris cart as well and I have my plastic stencils in page protectors / 3 ring binders. The smaller brass stencils I store with my sizzix dies in a recycled Velveeta cheese carton, it's the perfect width.

For magazines I took boxes and cut off tops and then cut in half to make 2 holders per box.

Stamps are in a combination of cd cases and plastic zip bags (? size 5" x 9" ?) for the ones that wouldn't fit in cd cases. Just take a piece of glossy card stock cut to size, stick the unmounted on it and then slip that into the zip bag. Super cheap, and you can get the bags online or at many office supply stores.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:45 PM
stampin stacy

forgot to mention:

Pre die cut card stock: in zip bags by category and in a basket on a shelf.

Ribbon: For shorter "bits" of ribbon I have a clear glass jar that I drop them into so I can see what I have when I need something in the smaller size.

For longer pieces of ribbon I took some toilet paper tubes, stuck a piece of double sided repositional tape down the length of it and then wound various strands ribbons on the tubes. I then stucked these in a plastic shoe box with a lid to keep them dust free.

For rolls of ribbon, I took a wire coat hanger and undid/unwound the top so I could slip the rolls onto the hanger. You can get a bunch of ribbon rolls onto a single coat hanger. I did this for wrapping paper ribbon too, especially handy for christmas ribbon which is stored away most the year. Just grab the hanger out of the back of the closet when that time of year comes around.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:46 PM

I have a clear/see through over the door shoe bag for punches. I like being able to see each punch in the pouches.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 PM

What good ideas. I am going to have to adopt some of these.

My best tip is that I have a place for everything and try to keep everything in its place. I have a small crafting space and heaps of supplies so this is important if I am ever going to find things.

Lots of storage solutions are only partially successful for me so I am going to try some of these new ideas to see if they work better.

I do try to keep like with like as well. So at least I can go to that category of item to find what I am after.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Bonnie/raduse

Lots of great ideas here. Wow!

As for my brass stencils, I keep them in a mini photo albumn so each one has it's own page. As for everything else, well..right now it's hap hazard, but so far it seems to work.