Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Tracy T.

Default I'm having trouble uploading to the Gallery

Last night, I uploaded a project I had created and it said "Upload successful" but there is nothing in my Gallery. When I tried to upload today, it said "File too large". I know NOTHING about changing image sizes. Please help, I'm anxious to share!
Thanks,
Tracy
Old 07-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

First Tracy, what software are you using to save your artwork in?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Tracy T.

I don't really know. I scan my images into a file on my desktop. My operating system is Windows XP if that helps.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

When you are scanning it in you are using the scanning software I assume instead of something like Photoshop? You still should have the ability to change the file size before or during the save process. The max pixel size for the width and height in the gallery is 720 x 720 which is 10" x 10". The maximum file size is 200kb. You should be able to check the file size and reduce it. Also, check and see if you have Photoshop Elements on your computer too. You can also email me something you are trying to upload and I can check the file size for you ...beeswaxrs@aol.com
Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Also when you save your art what is the resolution you pick? You should be saving at 72 dpi which will reduce your file size quite a bit if you're saving it at a higher dpi right now.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Tracy T.

Smile

Thanks Amy, I'll try it when I get home from work this afternoon. I never have any prompts when I scan, it just saves it in my Documents, and I place it in a file on my desktop. I don't have Photoshop on my PC unfortunately.
Thanks again, I'll look into it!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy T. View Post
Thanks Amy, I'll try it when I get home from work this afternoon. I never have any prompts when I scan, it just saves it in my Documents, and I place it in a file on my desktop. I don't have Photoshop on my PC unfortunately.
Thanks again, I'll look into it!
Double check that you don't have Adobe Photoshop Elements. Also check the type of save you are doing...it should be saved as a jpg or gif.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Actually Tracy, I think I can fix your problem even easier. Just check at what resolution you are scanning in. If it's set for anything other than 72dpi change it to that. That way you can scan in 72dpi and then just save your image.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
stampin stacy

Amy I had a similar incident yesterday to what Tracy described and my resolutions etc were fine. I just went back in and tried again and it worked that time. I guess the system just hiccuped .

Good news Tracy is if you'll read some of my earlier post you will see I too knew nothing about what I was doing. Amy is the best, and you too will be an "expert" in no time, just be as stubborn as me. A machine was not going to get the best of me, especially when it came to showing off something I was proud of making. .
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Tracy T.

Well, I'm still trying to figure this out, I got my resolution set to 72 dpi, but the dimensions are still off. Scan is way small when I view it and a large amount of the scanner bed is coming through.
I'm just sick about it, as I've already given away the cards I'd previously scanned and saved. Would like to have shared them here now that Sugarloaf has been deleted!
Thanks for the help!