Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Swap Shop

Swap Shop Trade or sell your wares here. Also the home of "Pay it Forward".

Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Martini Girl

Default Metal Tags

Also posted in the Coffee Shop, but this is probably a better place.

I hope this is all right to offer here. Is anyone interested in splitting an order of metal shipping tags? These are embossable using the embossing folders, and can be colored using the alcohol inks, copics, etc.

Price ranges from 45 cents to 52 cents each, depending on how many are ordered. There would be additional shipping to each individual address, which should be very minimal as they are very light weight.

This would be for the #8 size, 6 1/4 by 3 1/3.
Joyce

There are other sizes available: 2" circles, 3" by 1", and 4 3/4 x 2 3/8". If anyone is interested in those sizes/shapes, I will calculate the pricing. Each style/size has to be ordered in increments of 100 from this company, so it would be great to split an order.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I love metal and embossing and can think of nothing more lovely esp with the holidays coming up. Unfortunately my budget is not allowing me the pleasure. I can tell you what I have been doing on the cheap side to get the same effect.
I have been saving every heavy duty lid off the frozen lasagne family size dinners we get and cut the top down for use on cards. You have to be careful of the edges so you do not get cut but for relatively no extra money I have had wonderful metalic textures and happy results!
Don't get me wrong I would love to participate but even if I figured I was in for 1/2 an order by the time all was said and done I would likely be in for $30.00 which I could not do at this time.
Are you willing to share the company name for future consideration or peeks at products?
Thank you so much for sharing the offer and if I could I would simply for the convenience and quantity!
Spidey
Old 10-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Martini Girl

Lasangna pans...very creative! I have also read of people cutting apart pop cans and using that. Great way to recycle...but for sure I'd cut myself or my finger off with the tin snips, end up in the ER, stitches, etc...

I'd probably take 1/2 of the order myself so if anybody wants 5, 10, 15...

Also, another alternative I've read about is to use heavy duty aluminum foil and glue it down with spray mount adhesive.

At any rate, the listed videos were very inspirational, to me at least. Tags are something new to me, so I'm all intrigued. I participated in a Halloween Swap at All Things Tim on Yahoo....AMAZING art received, I must say!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Martini Girl

Oops!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Martini Girl

"Are you willing to share the company name for future consideration or peeks at products?"

I'm not going to list the company just for the simple fact that some of the people that have vid's on YouTube and share their techniques also sell the tags (3 for $3). Since I'd be selling them here for cost, I don't want to give away their source as they are so generous in sharing their techniques. I hope everyone understands.

I will say that there is not really much else that I could see would be of interest to us from this company other than the tags. The metal ones have to be ordered in increments of 100 and the colored or plain manilla ones in increments of 1000, so it's not something one individual would be ordering....unless you give more gifts than I do!

It's great that there are also alternatives out their such as the aluminum foil, metal tape, roof flashing, etc. I love YouTube. Boy, someone comes up for an alternative for almost every product out there. Don't know how they figure that stuff out.
Joyce
Old 10-15-2011, 06:50 PM

It's a great idea for a group order. I would probably be interested in buying 20
Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Martini Girl

Great, toonces! I'd probably take @50 myself, so we'll wait until the end of the week or so to see if there is any more interest to get up to 100. Did you have time to watch the videos?
joyce
Old 10-15-2011, 11:23 PM

where are the videos??
Old 10-15-2011, 11:25 PM

So if you order 100 .. would would be our cost?? I might be curious
in getting the rest of 30 depending on the price ...
Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Martini Girl

Apologies, I swear I had them posted here! Spooks!

Scroll To Charms 101

http://creationsbychristie.blogspot....aking-101.html

http://www.rangerink.com/slideshow/sept11_video.htm

Metal Tags: I think this would be a fun swap!
http://youtu.be/zNqrtNIEHKw

If we get an order together of 100, the price is 52 cents each plus whatever postage to you, which should be very minimal.

Prepare to want to try this if you watch the videos. I love the charms made by Christie!

http://youtu.be/9Ha-tAqpCHc