Rubber Stamp Chat


Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

So everyone, what do you like to do with Pearl Ex? and please show us!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM
DragonflyPaperArts's Avatar
DragonflyPaperArts DragonflyPaperArts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 318
Default

Am I the only one that doesn't use Pearl Ex, but uses Perfect Pearls instead? I'm wondering if it might be worth investing in some Pearl Ex for playing around with, to see if it reacts differently than the Perfect Pearls do.
__________________
~*Laura aka DragonflyPaperArts*~
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

I love Perfect Pearls too, Laura. We have an entire thread for them. Please feel free to add your art and favorite Perfect Pearls techniques here:
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=3772

Hobby Lobby sells large jars of individual colors of Pearl Ex. I think we might have about 8 colors to choose from. When I bought them last they were $5.99?? and you can use the 40% off coupon. So you could get just a jar or two to play with them and see if you like them.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
TheAfricanQueen's Avatar
TheAfricanQueen TheAfricanQueen is offline
Been real & been fun
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a very busy place
Posts: 14,904
Default

The Pearl Ex colors that I have were given to me by my sis. I have six colors and have a lot of fun playing with them. They are great with 3D Crystal Lacquer which combined with the Pearl Ex makes great paints that are extremely vibrant. And I've painted bottlecaps with them. Lots of fun!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

Can you show us a scan, AQ. Would love to see anything PE painted, and the bottlecaps sound fabulous.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
TheAfricanQueen's Avatar
TheAfricanQueen TheAfricanQueen is offline
Been real & been fun
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a very busy place
Posts: 14,904
Default

As soon as I get my bottlecaps back from the swap I was just in, I will post pics. Sorry to say I didn't take pics after completing them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

OK. I hope you won't forget. If so, we'll have to remind you.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
DragonflyPaperArts's Avatar
DragonflyPaperArts DragonflyPaperArts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
I love Perfect Pearls too, Laura. We have an entire thread for them. Please feel free to add your art and favorite Perfect Pearls techniques here:
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=3772

Hobby Lobby sells large jars of individual colors of Pearl Ex. I think we might have about 8 colors to choose from. When I bought them last they were $5.99?? and you can use the 40% off coupon. So you could get just a jar or two to play with them and see if you like them.

Thanks for the heads-up, Deb! Next time I have both coupon and extra cash for art supplies, I'll head over and check it out.
__________________
~*Laura aka DragonflyPaperArts*~
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

Right now, Hobby Lobby is running the 40% off coupon every week, but if they do what they've done in the past, it will end abruptly and go back to every other week in December. If you have a smart phone, you can show the on-line coupon and use it. One coupon per person per day. Some customers come in with all their kids and each kid buys something with a coupon. So, borrow a kid or bring your husband, neighbor -- anyone, and stock up using the coupon. Also, Hobby Lobby still lets you buy books and magazines with the coupon, but we don't have the selection that Michaels carries.

Other things to look for at Hobby Lobby while you are there and have a coupon:
Glimmer Mists (4 in a pkg, 2 different sets to choose)
Walnut Ink sprays
Cuttlebug items
stencils
9page Pocket cards for ATCs
punches
embellishments
embossing powders
ink pads, stamps, clear blocks
cardstock, watercolor paper
ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyPaperArts View Post

Thanks for the heads-up, Deb! Next time I have both coupon and extra cash for art supplies, I'll head over and check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
DragonflyPaperArts's Avatar
DragonflyPaperArts DragonflyPaperArts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
Right now, Hobby Lobby is running the 40% off coupon every week, but if they do what they've done in the past, it will end abruptly and go back to every other week in December. If you have a smart phone, you can show the on-line coupon and use it. One coupon per person per day. Some customers come in with all their kids and each kid buys something with a coupon. So, borrow a kid or bring your husband, neighbor -- anyone, and stock up using the coupon. Also, Hobby Lobby still lets you buy books and magazines with the coupon, but we don't have the selection that Michaels carries.

Other things to look for at Hobby Lobby while you are there and have a coupon:
Glimmer Mists (4 in a pkg, 2 different sets to choose)
Walnut Ink sprays
Cuttlebug items
stencils
9page Pocket cards for ATCs
punches
embellishments
embossing powders
ink pads, stamps, clear blocks
cardstock, watercolor paper
ETC.


Sweet! I'll nab my sister-of-the-heart and head to Hobby Lobby, with coupon in hand (or phone in her case).
__________________
~*Laura aka DragonflyPaperArts*~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
pearl ex, technique, tutorial

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=