Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Thumbs down VSN complaints

According to Nancie's column in the latest issue of VSN, there has apparently been a "threat" by someone to cancel his/her subscription due to not liking some of the content. Can you believe it? I may not personally use ALL the information at this point in my stamping, but I still find it interesting. My stamping interests and abilities have changed and progressed, so even if I have no interest right now, I might down the road someday. C'mon--"different" is not a synonym for "wrong!"
Old 08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
CowTown Stamps owner

then let em cancel. my dh has been editor/publisher of our local paper for almost 25 years. yes there are those who b*tch about the paper, "its not what i want to read", "MY kid isn't in there EVERY WEEK", "why is so and so's pic in AGAIN", and "how dare you publish my ticket (even tho its public record), or im gonna sue you cuz you published my court info cuz i was stupid enough to grow and sell pot" etc. they threaten to unsub, and let em. i believe if they want to do that, they are refunded the unused. that's life honey, can't please em all. i don't think it was a good move to publish the threat, I wouldn't have if I were editor. i'd just let it roll off, but thats me. One of my long time stamp vendor friends used to say "they will b*tch if you hang them with a new rope."

taking off my "mrs. editor hat" now ")
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:43 PM
stampin stacy

I've not seen the article to know specially what the complaint was about for sure but my guess would be some of the nudity stamps et al out there...

Well while I may not buy and use them right now because I have a teen son in the house, I certainly would not condemm and tell others they can't either.

sigh small minds are so tiresome... and so very sad!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:55 PM
paperaddict

I have heard that it was maybe because she puts an article about computer or photoshop in the mix. I for one find all the information in her publication of interest and useful! And no matter if you like it or not...computers are here to stay and any knowledge about their use is important to be able to access!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Yes, it was about the digital info. You know, the stuff that's in a SEPARATE, well-labeled article.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:48 PM

geeze, if they don't like it, don't read it...
Old 08-23-2011, 06:48 PM

I figured it was about Digital Stamps. Yes, it is in a well marked separate article, easy enough to not read it, but maybe that person thought they were required to read every thing instead of skipping something they had no interest in. Silly Goose.
I don't mind an article that holds no interest to me, because sometimes I may learn something new, get a spark of inspiration, find a new to me merchant or vendor. I have no interest in DS but I will read about it for just those reasons. I liked the smell & feel of a good, well made rubber.
I appreciate all that Nancie does to produce VSN. I may not read everything at the time of publishing but it is a great resource for ideas, techniques, product reviews & information. Nancie, if you are reading this, pro-rate that person's refund, & suggest they attempt to produce a better publication at your subscription or issue rates. You rock & they can just go play in another park. Keep up the great work Nancie, a standing O to you.
~C8>

P.S. I'm sending this to Nancie too, she needs to know that we her.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
CowTown Stamps owner

i think its great that Nancie is still going strong with VSN.
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 AM
stampin stacy

Okay, never thought about digi's. I'm not into them either but I do use my computer for inside messages and any info that will help me understand digital basics is a good thing. I can also understand their frustrations and fears about digital "taking over" as it does feel that way sometimes but computer graphics, the real name of doing this sort of thing is not new and not likely to go away. Learning to incorporate both into ones arts could be a very good thing.

Grow up and stop throwing childish hissy fits people.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM

Grow and Sell Pot .... WHAT!!! ... That was him .. why that
*&^%$#* scoundrel!! putting my BizNaz out there .... oh .. wait

I'm in Cali ... his in WI ... hee hee .... disregard! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscowtown1 View Post
then let em cancel. my dh has been editor/publisher of our local paper for almost 25 years. yes there are those who b*tch about the paper, "its not what i want to read", "MY kid isn't in there EVERY WEEK", "why is so and so's pic in AGAIN", and "how dare you publish my ticket (even tho its public record), or im gonna sue you cuz you published my court info cuz i was stupid enough to grow and sell pot" etc. they threaten to unsub, and let em. i believe if they want to do that, they are refunded the unused. that's life honey, can't please em all. i don't think it was a good move to publish the threat, I wouldn't have if I were editor. i'd just let it roll off, but thats me. One of my long time stamp vendor friends used to say "they will b*tch if you hang them with a new rope."

taking off my "mrs. editor hat" now ")