Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Search

Stamp Search Need help finding a particular image?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Foreign language stamps

I can never find stamps with phrases in other languages, other than "Thank You!" in French, German and Japanese. If a single kanji character is on a stamp, usually it has a translation underneath. If it's written Japanese, it's usually big brush strokes that are hard to read.

Considering the number of sentences and paragraphs available from folks like Viva Las Vegastamps and Wordsworth, why can't I find stuff in other languages? Surely there are stampers who stamp in other languages.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Inky the Muse

I hear ya' Jeff! My DH is German (as in he was born there) and finding German words and images isn't easy.

I found a nifty set of 36 Chinese character stamps years ago at the below link:

http://www.bunchoffun.com/html/rssets.html

The indexing on each stamp shows the character and what it means in English, but the English word isn't a part of the actual rubber die, so you just get the character when you stamp it. I have the smaller of the 2 sizes available. The rubber is etched to a good dept for small stamps and the mounting job was well done. They come in their own storage case too.

The only down side about ordering from this company is that they are in Canada, so it takes a bit longer to get your order, but they also offer a very good shipping rate.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Default Francais

We have "Tu seras toujours dans mon coeur" and our Ballet words are en francais and we have some Russian and of course, Asian... I think there's some German collage type stuff as well... and of course, if you speak dog, we have "Fleas Navidog" and "Pooches Gracias"... we have over 3,000 word/saying stamps.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
and of course, if you speak dog, we have "Fleas Navidog" and "Pooches Gracias"...
Now that's funny!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:51 AM
StampsNMore

Although not in our catalog/website, we have a line of German stamps that we manufacture for a customer in Germany. I would have to look through them to see exactly what they are if you are interested.

Paul
Stamps N' More
Old 07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
firecracker082

Default I have German and Italian phrases.

We have German Holiday Greeting stamps, and a new set coming out in Sep that is all German poems, and greetings. We also have an Italian set. You can see them on my international page at my webite. FireCrackerDesignsbyPamela. HTH!!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
StampFrancisco

Jeff,

Not necessarily "paragraphs" type but we do have lots of stamps in foreign languages. You might want to check out, under "favorite searches" french, italian, japanese, chinese or the "words and greetings" (will display English and others). For anything more specific, you can use our search field and enter German or ?? Being French... we have lots of French stuff and more to come and we are adding stamps from RBBB on a weekly basis... lots of foreign stuff there too.

In the Stamp Francisco line there are more foreign greetings to be uploaded... as times allow.

Hope that among all of us, you find what you are looking for.

Catherine
Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 AM
stampmagick

We carry a number of Chinese sayings rubber stamps:
http://www.stampmagick.com/catalog/a...hinese&x=0&y=0

Thanks,
Joanne
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Head Rat

Default Lattin, Spanish, French

I carry a few phrases in Latin, Spanish & French, mostly to do with death - Halloween, & Christmas. Here's the link to my word stamps
www.madratrubber.com/words.htm
Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
SophieLaFontaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitchin View Post
I can never find stamps with phrases in other languages, other than "Thank You!" in French, German and Japanese. If a single kanji character is on a stamp, usually it has a translation underneath. If it's written Japanese, it's usually big brush strokes that are hard to read.

Considering the number of sentences and paragraphs available from folks like Viva Las Vegastamps and Wordsworth, why can't I find stuff in other languages? Surely there are stampers who stamp in other languages.

Jeff
Hi Jeff!

I know exactly what you mean!! I have a TON of "thank you" stamps in French!

My main stamping language is French. I just bought a bunch of French words from Alluring Impressions. But I am still looking for "definition" stamps (where you have the word, and then the dictionary definition following it, or in the background) for French words. I have such a hard time finding exactly what I want! I would also like some of the circle sentiments (where the words go around in a circle) in French!

On the plus side, it saves me a lot of money because I usually don't buy a stamp set if it has non-French words included in it. Also, my calligraphy/hand-writing skills have improved, because I usually have to write out the sentiment on my own. If someone would start a French-language stamp company, I would be a most happy customer!