Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Default copic class tomorrow

I'm teaching my second copic class tomorrow! And I have another scheduled for February.
And because I have TOO MUCH stuff....I did not have to shell out anything for supplies. And I won't have to buy anything for February's class either. In fact, after looking at my craft room, I can probably do an entire year of classes and still have a ton of cardstock, ribbon and adhesive left over.
So - this tells me I have gone overboard on my paper buying and really need to think twice about buying...(yeah, right)...

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

What kind of cardstock do you use with the copics, Nancy? I did some ATCs on supposed ATC cardstock I'd bought pre-cut and the colors bled through to the other side. I did buy some weird stuff I can't think of the name of now that was supposed to be best for copics but it's really expensive.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
What kind of cardstock do you use with the copics, Nancy? I did some ATCs on supposed ATC cardstock I'd bought pre-cut and the colors bled through to the other side. I did buy some weird stuff I can't think of the name of now that was supposed to be best for copics but it's really expensive.
I've tried several brands of paper over the past two years with my copics and I now use the new Copic X-Press It Blending cardstock that copic came out with last summer. It blends beautifully and the colors are truer than the other cardstock I've used. It also is better than others because it does not feather out past the lines of your image - unless of course you over color!
In terms of bleeding - in my copic certification class the instructor informed us that you are supposed to see ink on the other side of the paper - in fact that is what she looked for when she reviewed our work. So if you are doing a "one layer" card or ATC, then copics would not be a good choice.
Yes, the x-press it cardstock is expensive, but I only use it for the coloring layer - not for the base card, and I can get alot of images on one sheet!
Nancy

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
stmpstone

I recently purchased some Cryogenic card stock to use with my Copics. It has just a hint of shimmer to it. It was highly recommended and I was glad I got it.

I haven't tried the Copic X-Press It Blending cardstock. Perhaps next time I need more paper for my Copics I'll give that a try. Now I seem to have enough. We do only use a small amount of it when layering my colored layer.

hugs, Claudia
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Yes, it's cryogenic I got, Claudia... hesitated to say the name as I thought I might be confusing it with being frozen after death... thanks, Nancy.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/