Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
wolfeyesone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
Ever hear of Yupo Paper? Check this out! Look at greeting card and Demo.
How cool is that!
http://watercolorandmore.com/yupopaperdemo.aspx
I like it & I love the Stalagmites& Stalactites one also..

That paper does provide alot of texture.. & pre made...lol reminds me of things we used to do years ago... paint canvas with rubber cement, atv sealent, scrap the canvas/paper with a blade (lightly) ... prior to painting just to get some texture.. even tried clay but it broke down after awhile and made a big mess of your work..
Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I would not have thought to use tube watercolor like oil paint with a palet knife and add water only by dipping knife into water. The results are interesting. Could be fun to explore as a background paper for atcs or some sort of special card...
I have always liked water color for the fast results type of painting...
Guess I just need to play a bit and find some of this paper one of these days.
Apparently this paper is very slick and prone to getting dirty or showing oil from fingers so that is something to consider as well.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM

This sounds cool. Please post your results, Spidey. What paper are you talking about? Are you referencing someone's post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
I would not have thought to use tube watercolor like oil paint with a palet knife and add water only by dipping knife into water. The results are interesting. Could be fun to explore as a background paper for atcs or some sort of special card...
I have always liked water color for the fast results type of painting...
Guess I just need to play a bit and find some of this paper one of these days.
Apparently this paper is very slick and prone to getting dirty or showing oil from fingers so that is something to consider as well.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Spideycindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
This sounds cool. Please post your results, Spidey. What paper are you talking about? Are you referencing someone's post?
It was the demo art I saw from my trying to find out more about Yupo Paper. The art piece was created using a palet knife for part of the painting and brush strokes for trees etc. It created interesting results but only because of this unique paper that is not paper and very smooth and slippery...( I know clear as mud...) I put up a link about this paper.
I was not trying to pull in another site but was curious about this paper as it has different properties and wondered if anyone had played with it.
Currently not in my budget to purchase yet but someday I'd like to check it out.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:11 PM

I just did some googleing and found that it is not paper at all but extruded polypropolene that is recommended for labels.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Spideycindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
I just did some googleing and found that it is not paper at all but extruded polypropolene that is recommended for labels.
Yeah weird....The link talks about it and the properties of this product. I was not wanting to get into trouble for showing the link I found but thought it was interesting...inks, paint would pool up and dry not soak into the product. It does not wrinkle or warp when wet....the link I put up tells about it...I just thot it was interesting and wondered if anyone had played with it...Save a tree and all...lol...