Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Library Archives > Art Shop

Art Shop Vendor sponsored Sketch Challenges.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Starving Artistamps

Default September 2010 Sketch Challenge Hosted by Starving Artistamps

***the September Sketch challenge is officially closed! Please visit the October Challenge hosted by Bombshell Rubber Stamps***

CONGRATULATIONS TO PATIAK!!

Your entry was chosen by random number generator
as our September sketch challenge winner!!!

Please contact us and let us know which FOUR sets of Backlit Bloom Jumbo Silhouette flowers you would like for your prize! strvingartistmp@aol.com

Thank you to all of our contestants and thank you to all the members on our design team who have helped to provide inspiration during the challenge! (design team cards were not counted in the random drawing)

September 2010 sketch challenge is hosted by Starving Artistamps, inc.

A winner will be chosen by random selection to receive their choice of any THREE sets from our brand new collection of Backlit blooms. Our backlit blooms are generously sized silhouette flowers designed for big, bold, quick and easy cards. They are the stamps you will grab when you need to make a card at the last minute and run out the door. They are also the perfect size to use as stems for 3D flowers (like Primas) See our sample below to get an idea of how that looks.

The details:

~ One entry per participant.

~ Feel free to use any stamp line of your choice.

~ Starving Artistamps designers and affiliates are not eligible to participate in the random drawing, but they will be participating and posting their challenge cards for inspirational purposes.

~Submit your card anytime during the month of September by posting in this thread.

*** SPECIAL BONUS ***
If your entry includes any Starving Artistamps images you can choose another free Backlit Bloom set of your choice! Thats FOUR sets of stamps just for making one card! So break out your Starving Artistamps, DoodleFactory, Juniper and Jupiter or Antidepresstamps stamps for this months challenge!

~The random drawing will be done October 1st, 2010 and posted on this thread no later than October 3th, 2010.

Don't have any of our images?
Nows a great time to pick some up because all month long we are offering a special discount to RSC members!

For the month of September we are extending a special
offer to our friends as our way of saying thank you for participating!

Enter this code in the shopping cart discount box to get:
15% off stamps all month long

Code: RSCsketch

To take advantage of our offer add qualifying items to your shopping cart. Enter the code above in the discount code box in your shopping cart. Click recalculate. You should see the discount applied immediately to all eligible items. If the discount does not apply please contact us before you finalize your order: strvingartistmp@aol.com

the fine print:
This offer is good for all new web orders placed including eligible merchandise from now thru September 30th 2010 midnight EST. This offer is not valid for previously placed orders. Discounts can not be combined. If the discount code does not work contact us prior to finalizing your order: strvingartistmp@aol.com.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Note: Instructions by Amy
To upload a card hosted off site (like your own website, Photobucket or Imagshack) simply click on the insert image icon while composing your post (looks like a little yellow postcard) and paste the URL in the box that pops up.

To upload as an attachment:
When you Reply to a thread, scroll down past the box you type your reply in until you see Attach Files and click on Manage Attachments. That will bring up a pop up window where you can upload from your computer. Click on Browse and find the image to upload on your computer, double click on the file and then click on Upload. This will automatically put that file in your post for you.

Stamp recipe:

Orchid Backlit Bloom set
http://starvingartistamps.com/doodle..._blooms_1.html

Small Hypolymnus butterfly (item# P 4.7
http://starvingartistamps.com/page_4_1.html

Stampers Magic Red Liner tape (3/16" wide and 1/2" wide)
http://starvingartistamps.com/other_cool_stuff.html

Pattern Paper: Basic Grey 6x6 pad
Glitter and Glass Beads Martha Stewart

The Sketch:
Attached Images

Last edited by strvingartistmp; 10-04-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 PM

Fun sketch with generous prizes. What more could a stamper want. Perhaps this month I can enter again. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Here is my take on the sketch. It was so versitile! Thanks Tracey!!
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM

I'm on Tracey's design team so I'm not eligible for the prize drawing...this one's just for fun!

Great cards, Tracey and Dawn!

My card uses the Backlit Blooms Rose. I colored the rubber direct with my watercolor crayons and then placed the stamp onto a piece of moist watercolor paper and let it sit for a few minutes. I love the way it came out, and easy too!
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Thanks for sharing the technique you used for the flower. And thanks to the early contributors for giving us such varied and fun ideas. Lovely cards!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Kool Aid Queen

wow ladies first day out and you both have such great cards... really gets the creative juices flowing now .... hope fully i will get to play around in the next few days to give my hand a try at it.... school started today ... worked on my christmas cards ..... and a few others i had to finish up
Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Starving Artistamps

Wow Dawn and Donna!! Isn't it amazing how totally different a sketch can look in different people's hands. Dawn you really expanded on the sketch and totally made it your own. Donna that Rose looks lovely, you make me want to break out my watercolor crayons!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 PM

Beautiful cards! Love this sketch. Can't wait to give it a try!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 AM

lovely cards and I like this sketch
Old 09-02-2010, 03:49 AM

Great cards. I noticed on the site that they are unmounted. Are they trimmed? Thanks.