Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
wolfeyesone

Deb
You always come up with or reminds us of really neat techniques !
Thanks for that...

I'll play around this weekend for sure
Old 02-05-2010, 06:30 PM
wolfeyesone

oh & really nice colors/cards there you two...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM

Thanks, Wolfeyesone. We're looking forward to seeing what you make. Please show us. It doesn't have to be a finished product -- we'd be happy just to see your results.

Theresa, does one of your cards feature Adirondak Wild Plum? If not, we'd like to see what it does with water. I bet it is pretty.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Thanks Wolfie.

Deb, no I don't have anything 'finished' where I used the Wild Plum. Have just played around with it. Maybe I can dig up one of the blanks I made....
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
wolfeyesone

Ok here's what came out ...lol Their more on the bold side, Couldn't find my bleach mister so instead we've got a bleach smoosh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg distressbleachBG1_1.jpg (21.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg distressbleachBG3_1.jpg (24.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg distressbleachBG2_1.jpg (20.5 KB, 83 views)
Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 PM

Wow, Wolfeyesone! These turned out fantastic. There is so much texture. So what do you mean by smoosh? How did you do it?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
wolfeyesone

I was cutting rubber already, so I smeared the inks onto the back of the EZ mount sheet. (Thanks Cheryl) Spritzed w/ H2o Put paper down ontop, applied only alittle pressure here & there, let it sit there a few minutes, Lifted it off, working quickly,I used a sponge w/ bleach & gently squeezed bleach onto the paper here & there,( some parts of the paper were wetter then others, hence the long faded spots) laid a paper towel ontop to absorb some of the bleach,wetness & quickly used a heat gun to stop the bleaching. The 1st picture I used more bleach & alot faded out- The 2nd/3rd I applied smaller dropplets of bleach & further away from each other. The 3rd I slide the paper towel off instead of lifting it. I like that one the best. I didn't even get close to yours, but I'm sure once I find the mister it will blend better like yours.. but I had fun & I can definatly used them for some background
Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your "variation on the theme." I really like the look you got with the sponge. I keep going back up to look at them over and over. They are amazing!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
wolfeyesone

Thanks Deb , your very encourging... It seems I'm always doing variations of a technique... and I don't try to do that...I just make due with what I have...but to be honest even when I do have the needed materials they just don't look the same... They almost always turn out useable in one form or another so I guess it work....lol
Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Those look great Wolfie!! Lots of depth! That's the fun of trying and sharing new techniques, there are so many variations you can come up with!! I love to smoosh! I smoosh with lots of stuff. Smooshing, dabbing, pouncing, hey, it's art, you can't go wrong!