Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Thanks, Theresa. Sorry to hear you are so sick. Do take it easy. Hope you will be feeling better soon.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:00 PM

dear deb, the more i look at your card the more i want to try it...your so bad for me..lol..lol if i do try it ..i will show, well maybe...i dont know..i think i am scared
Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
teena

Deb Lovett...I KNEW I had seen your name someplace when I saw you here...LOL. You are the Deb Lovett from all those wonderful cards at VSN, aren't you?
Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 PM

among others....and she is so nice...were so lucky to have her as a friend, shes on my technique junkies newsletter too...we love miss deb lovett
Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
You will need cardstock (I think glossy makes more dramatic backgrounds, but you can use regular cardstock too), plastic wrap (I used Glad Cling Wrap) and spray inks of your choice (Color Wash, Memories Mists, Shimmering Mists, etc., or even reinkers mixed with water in a spray bottle).
Logged on, saw this technique, logged off immediately to go try it. SO COOL I can't believe it. Used glossy cardstock and tried the technique with 4 different colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist--the green came out my favorite, but all look so amazing. Not enough time in the day to do all I want to do, but this one couldn't wait. Thanks!!!

Debra
Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Joannie & Teena -- You two are so sweet! Yes, I am a Technique Junkie and yes, I enjoy participating in the VSN challenges. BTW Tina, did you notice that Joannie has a card on the back cover of the current/December issue of VSN?

Joannie, the thing I remember when I try a new technique is that it is only paper, so if it turns out terrible, I can throw it away. I have also learned that some times something really does look terrible, but it might turn out to be an interesting background. Look at this card

http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...19&ppuser=2242

the cardstock was just WEIRD, but I liked how it turned out as a background. If I end up throwing it out, it still isn't a waste because I had fun trying it.

A friend was surprised recently to find out how many stamping tries it takes for me to finally have a card I am happy with. Case in point, the card above. I think I stamped the flower part at least 6-8 times before I got the color combination/water spray the way I liked it. That is OK with me, I am enjoying the process.

So, Joannie, give it a try, and have fun!

Thanks to you both for your nice comments. You have made my day.

Last edited by Deb Lovett; 12-15-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-12-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnelsong View Post
Logged on, saw this technique, logged off immediately to go try it. SO COOL I can't believe it. Used glossy cardstock and tried the technique with 4 different colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist--the green came out my favorite, but all look so amazing. Not enough time in the day to do all I want to do, but this one couldn't wait. Thanks!!!

Debra
I'm so glad you tried it, Debra, and that you are pleased with the results you got! I bet it is really shimmery with the Glimmer Mists. We'd love to see what you make. I hope you will feel free to share it here in this thread!

I think I NEED to get some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM

hey deb, went to take a look at the sumi solo bud card, and your right..its wonderful..how did it turn out wrong...was it larger and you didn't like something in it and decided to cut it down for a background..is that right..if so..it was a great decision..i loved it..the colors were great and bright...will try it as soon as the weather here dries out a little...thanks for the note on how to do it...who would have thought to use spray paint..not me..lol
Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Default Plastic Wrap Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkyjo View Post
how did it turn out wrong...was it larger and you didn't like something in it and decided to cut it down for a background..
Yes, Joannie, that is exactly what happened. I made several (OK -- more than several, but I was having fun!) half sheets of the background. I figure if I'm going to get all the supplies out, I might as well make it worth my while. It is definitely a warm-weather project.

Thanks for your nice comments.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41 PM
teena

Deb, you crack me up!

Throw anything away~??? No no no....

You can make inchies! They are fun!

And Glimmer Mist is like potato chips...betcha can't buy just one!!! LOL.

I LOVE the stuff!

Tattered Angels has a DVD that they sell...and it is full of info...At first you think it is short, because it has a part then it stops...but then it starts again and it really is worth the money imho...

Take care all!

Teena

PS...loved the card above, Deb...

And yes...Saw Jo's card on the back of VSN...was prancing thru the scrapbook store showing everybody "that's my friend, Jo's card!"

Just wait till I start saying that's my friend Deb's card...LOL. They are gonna know that I know talented people...

Take care all,

Teena