Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
heather2002

I'm assuming that body wash is the same as shower gel?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM

It may not be exactly the same but I think it would still give pleasing results. If you try it out, post it here and tell us about your experience with it.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 AM
heather2002

Default Body wash/shower gel technique

I will do. Can't wait to try out this technique. We are in the middle of decorating and I can't get to my crafts at the moment. I have nasty withdrawal symptoms lol. In theory, this ought to work with oil pastels and surgical spirits (alcohol rub) too. I'm going to give it a try
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM

Try it and let us know. The body wash is really liquid-y and moves the chalk around. Oil pastels may not move as much, but then you'll just get a slightly different look. Looking forward to your experimentation!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 AM
shazsilverwolf

Hi, the oil pastels will work with white spirit, you can also buy a product called Sansador, thats what its called in the Uk, and that also works. You can also blend oil pastels together just using your fingers.You do need to use smooth card for this, not glossy or anything with a surface texture, or you won't get a smooth finish. Chalks, or soft pastels are great if you first brayer Versamark or clear embossing ink onto card, and then scrape off some of the pastels, using either a knife or one of those little graters for nutmegs, etc.Gently smooth them out with a big soft make-up brush or cotton wool balls.Looks really good on black card.Also mica powders- like Perfect Pearls? You can buy Mica powders from places that sell products for making your own cosmetics and bath products. They are much much cheaper than buying the brand name, and work exactly the same.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM

These are great tips and ideas. We'd love to see some examples! They don't have to be finished products. Thanks, shazsilverwolf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf View Post
Hi, the oil pastels will work with white spirit, you can also buy a product called Sansador, thats what its called in the Uk, and that also works. You can also blend oil pastels together just using your fingers.You do need to use smooth card for this, not glossy or anything with a surface texture, or you won't get a smooth finish. Chalks, or soft pastels are great if you first brayer Versamark or clear embossing ink onto card, and then scrape off some of the pastels, using either a knife or one of those little graters for nutmegs, etc.Gently smooth them out with a big soft make-up brush or cotton wool balls.Looks really good on black card.Also mica powders- like Perfect Pearls? You can buy Mica powders from places that sell products for making your own cosmetics and bath products. They are much much cheaper than buying the brand name, and work exactly the same.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Tish Rowe

Thanks Deb for all your wonderful tutorials. It is great to see your work in so many magazines.
I had the oil pastels..it was okay. then I found the soft pastels at Michaels with my 40% coupon. Bought that too.
I will try that later. I do not have a scanner to show, but I did emboss with the swirly folder and it looks nice.
Tish
Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Been real & been fun

Is that the same as the CrayPas we used to use in grade school?

And who would have ever thought of using body wash...LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
donnarie

LOL...I can be such a literal thinker sometimes. I read the title of this post and thought for a second that the subject was ways to wash your body.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnarie View Post
LOL...I can be such a literal thinker sometimes. I read the title of this post and thought for a second that the subject was ways to wash your body.
Well sometimes I do get so excited while stamping that I do have to do body washing, but I figure that by now no one wants instructions on how I wash my body.
~C8>