Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 PM

Default More Uses for Ranger Dimensional Pearls

I just saw a tutorial on YouTube (I think? by Two Peas in a Pod) on different ways to use Ranger's Dimensional Pearls. If you like the effect of Twinkling H20s but don't have any, then you'll love the following technique!

Just squirt a small blob (technical term ) on a piece of palette paper, wax paper or mixing bowl. Spritz a small amount of water together with the Perfect Pearls. You can use a water brush or regular watercolor brush to paint the Perfect Pearls onto your image. Voila`! Great colors with brilliant shine that's very similar to H20s.

You can also put different sized drops of the Dimensional Pearls on a release paper like wax paper or the Ranger mat to make your own bling. After you've finished making the drops, just tap it on the bottom of the paper so the drops will smooth out instead of being peaked from the tip. Let them sit overnight & peel them off & store in a container. Put on your cards with glue dots or your favorite glue. Great bling for pennies.

If you want some background shine, just use the White Opal Dimensional Pearls. Put a drop or two on the piece you want shine, & then just rub it all over the piece with your finger. Let dry by itself or use a heat gun to speed things up (I'm impatient too, so I like to do things quickly!). If you like glitter, but not the mess, use Diamond Stickles the same way.

Happy Pearling!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Audreyrose

Sounds like great fun as I love bling, that is why I often use nail jewelry to get that bling. I have seen the dimensional peals used and love them but alas cannot get them here! Thanks for the tip though!!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Grandma Lee do you have the url to the video? I would really like to see this. I am a visual learner. Thanks!

Linda
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 AM

It took me a little while since I had to remember which ones I watched, but I found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9dzc_A82k Of course, I HAD to watch a bunch more in the process of finding this, so I'll post more later!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 AM

Ooops! I forgot to mention that the tutorial was by Two Peas in a Bucket, not Pod!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM

It was part of a whole 9 week 27 video tutorial taught by Jennifer McGuire called Thinking Inking.

Each week was a different medium by Ranger and/or Hero Arts

If your on Two Peas, there are PDF sheets for the projects she made.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Cool....thanks!

Linda
Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 PM

Thanks, Lee, for sharing this with us. What fun!
So, everyone, let us know when you do this. We all want to see what you make!!