Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Been real & been fun

The definition of collage - pieces put together in a unique, but unorderly fashion

The definition of grunge - boys with crotches down to their knees and hats on backwards

The definition of vintage - something older than 25 years, like me!

This is according to the Roberta's Ltd Dictionary brought to you by AQ.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 AM

OH, everyone is soooo funny.

I love collage but I'm like Inky and have a hard time with it. I keep trying tho.

Jeanette
Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 AM
cardgirl

If we had a challenge, the poor winner would be forced to be polite and say something nice about my mess!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Been real & been fun

Ok, so how about we make a messy collage? Everyone sends in a certain amount of things to put on a collage and the collage coordinator divides them up, redistributes them and sends them out to everyone. The recipients have to make a collage, to the best of their ability and then post it here on RSC.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Tinnalee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueen View Post
Cyndi, with your permission, I think I should change the starting post to read what you posted and then others can add to it. Let me know what you think.
You have my blessing.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Inky the Muse

With thoughts of challenges flying about, how about somebody starting a thread in the swaps/challenges section to see if folks are interested in playing & if there's enough interest, set a deadline for sign ups?

I did a Treasure Hunt swap on another board & it kind of fit what's being talked about here. Lemme' splain'. We each were assigned a swap partner to send an envie of themed bits & pieces to (we had a list of what type of things to find in our stash & send), but who I sent to wasn't who sent to me. When the envies arrived we each had to create a card or some ATCs with what was in the envie & send it back to the person who sent the envie. We had cardstock, fabric scraps, magazine pictures, fibers & a couple of um stamps to use. The person I sent an envie to made ATCs & one of them was made of felt! That sent my brain off to 'what if I did this...' land.

Our theme was pets, but a general collage theme would work just as well & each person sending materials to one assigned person is easier than one person sorting & sending bits and bobs to/from a group. How this challenge is to be done is totally up to the person who sets it up.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinnalee View Post
I am horrible at collage, but I have looked at quite a bit of it, and here's my understanding of the Rules of Collage:

1. If you have a baby or an animal, you MUST put either wings on its back or a crown on its head.

2. French writing is required as a background.

3. An image of the Eiffel Tower is highly suggested.

4. Either a clock or a hand writing with a pen that requires an ink well should be in there somewhere. (Alternatively, an image of just the ink well is okay as long as some of the ink appears to be spilled.)

Does anyone else have any other Rules of Collage to add?

Cyndi Watkins
Cyndi,
These are Wonderful and so true... I've just never understood the appeal of collage myself. I LOVE surreal/dada stamping though.

http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Been real & been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
With thoughts of challenges flying about, how about somebody starting a thread in the swaps/challenges section to see if folks are interested in playing & if there's enough interest, set a deadline for sign ups?

I did a Treasure Hunt swap on another board & it kind of fit what's being talked about here. Lemme' splain'. We each were assigned a swap partner to send an envie of themed bits & pieces to (we had a list of what type of things to find in our stash & send), but who I sent to wasn't who sent to me. When the envies arrived we each had to create a card or some ATCs with what was in the envie & send it back to the person who sent the envie. We had cardstock, fabric scraps, magazine pictures, fibers & a couple of um stamps to use. The person I sent an envie to made ATCs & one of them was made of felt! That sent my brain off to 'what if I did this...' land.

Our theme was pets, but a general collage theme would work just as well & each person sending materials to one assigned person is easier than one person sorting & sending bits and bobs to/from a group. How this challenge is to be done is totally up to the person who sets it up.
Seeing as I started this thread, I feel it incumbent upon me to start the thread in the swap section. BRB
Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM

Roberta,

Go for it. I'll sign up when it gets posted. Great idea.

Jeanette
Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Been real & been fun

Ok all, it's been posted:

Postcard Collage Swap

Come one, come all! We're goin' down the Yulanga!

(will someone please view what I posted to see if I'm off the mark? thnx! I've never done this before!)

Last edited by TheAfricanQueen; 05-22-2009 at 09:08 PM.