Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Library Archives > Guest Artist Archives > Scenic Stamping with Kevin Nakagawa of Stampscapes

Scenic Stamping with Kevin Nakagawa of Stampscapes Kevin gives detailed answers regarding scenic stamping, techniques and color application.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
A big "Thank You" to Kevin for taking the time to give such a wonderful interview!
Thanks for the honor Amy! ~K
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
Hi Kevin,
Glad to see you here... I remember when you were starting your own company and I had a booth at Carson and you were banging your head against the wall saying "What am I doing? What am I doing?"... going out on your own can be scary. How are those pictures of my store and the YouTube Video coming? LOL
[laughing] I don't recall saying that but I'll take your word for it as you have a much better memory than I do.

Yes, I have a great video to post as soon as I can figure out how to format the file. I'll get those pictures over to you as well. BTW, if anyone reading this is in Las Vegas be sure and visit Wayne's store --Viva Las Vegastamps. No matter how many stamp stores you've been to, you'll never see one like this.

~K
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
Lakeside Cove is a stamp that I use over and over. But, I see by the samples I can use it
in many more ways than I have in the past. Even though I can't color all that well, I always love the results I get with this stamp.

Jeanette
049G has always been one of my favorite stamps. I think I rendered this design in 1992 but I've never grown tired of it no matter how many times I've used it.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbkat View Post
Hey Kevin, I missed getting to the Akron show to see you this year. I'm looking forward to having a little more time for stamping soon. I did an inchie card with Stampscape recently in sepia. It made a great Father's Day card. I was amazed at how well the stamps worked for inchies.
Kathi Bobb
Hi Kathi. Akron's always a fun show. Enjoyed stamping there with everyone.

I'll have to look up and see what an inchie card is.

~Kevin
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole View Post
A big hello, what a wonderful article about your beginning, that is
fantastic!! Missed you at the Grapevine, Tx. show this year, cannot wait
til Jan next year.. My sister has taken off with her stamping after her lessons with you! I was so happy to see you were going to be on today!
the sentiment stamps are wonderful Kevin,
take good care, thank you for sharing!!
Jackie Cole in Texas
Hi Jackie, nice to "see" you.

I haven't been to the January Grapevine show yet but instead have always done the July show.

Oh, glad to hear that the lessons came in handy for your sister!

I'm enjoying the sentiment stamps. They just seem to put the perfect finishing touch on so many of the scenes. They seem like they can expand the emotional depth of a scene.

~K
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy705 View Post
Hi Kevin,

This is really a great way to "talk" to you.
Other than the new sayings that were just released, do you have any plans for new scenic stamps soon?

Sandy Whalen
Hi Sandy. Yes, I have plans for new stamps but I have a couple projects to complete before I get to them. We need to get some samples for the sentiment stamps done and I need to update our hard copy catalog. The good news is that I've already started on some new designs quite some time ago so I have little bit of a head start on things once I get back to drawing. ~K
Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Stampscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
I was at your early Carson shows. I have moved now and wish you would come back to the Riverside Show. It is now the only one I can get to. I have a shoebox of your scenics and love to work with them.
Hello. I've cut down on the number of shows that we do in general but I'll take a look and see what time of year the Riverside show is going to be. The cost to do shows can be prohibitive at times but the good thing about Riverside is that we wouldn't incur travel expenses so we could consider it. ~K
Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Kevin, thanks for your reply in the other thread. I thought I'd posted my questions here. . .

My first 'I'm satisfied with it' card was Stampscapes and it is still in my personal collection, never to be sent, as I've never been able to duplicate it. (I think it's because I was on vacation; too much of a goal instead of enjoying the journey.) When I'm stuck in a rut and have little inspiration I ink up your stamps and see where they will carry me.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
Kevin, thanks for your reply in the other thread. I thought I'd posted my questions here. . .
You did but I moved it to a new thread. It will get too confusing if questions are all posted in one thread so it's just easier to keep the all in separate threads.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM
wallace61074

So good to see you here Kevin, you know we love your stamps and are anxiously awaiting new stuff all the time!! I love the sayings and will share a swap card soon that I used one on, really neat stuff