Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM
berrimasgarden

Thumbs up An invaluable freebie

Hi Possums
Just thought I would pass on a tip for you all which I have found invaluable. And it was FREE!!
In the paint section of my local hardware chain, Dulux paints had a whole range of sample cards showing different colour schemes for your interior decorating. I took one of each, bought them home and laminated them so they would stand up to time and use. When I need a colour scheme, I just go through them as I did with this card today and just match up my inks etc and voila...all the hard work is done. The only colour I introduced that wasn't on my sample was Adirondack Butterscotch, which I used to just blend in for the accents on the daisy petals. The other inks used were Adirondack Mushroom, Raisin and Bottle. This was also the first time I have made masks for an image so I did have a good time today.
So...next time hubby wants to go to the hardware store, tag along, you never know what you will find, especially in the paint section
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daisies2.jpg (14.1 KB, 282 views)
Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 AM

Neat idea Deb! I like your colors, beautiful card. I will have to try to remember to 'tag along' with hubby someday. The rare times that I do I usually forget these creative things, stuff I want to look at or for.

http://patispostsak.blogspot.com
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 AM
stampin stacy

Hardware stores are a great place for us stampers to explore. I have used the paint chip samples to stamp on but your idea of using them as example boards is a terrific one. Punch a hole, put them all on a ring and I'd be good to go. Good thinking .

btw, I have noticed that hardware stores carry a lot of the cleaning products I use around the house, so be sure to price check them and keep an eye on their ads for sales and always check out their clearance bin for fun crafting goodies.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 AM

Love this idea! So much better than my cardstock 'chips' on index cards. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
StamPoor

A great idea, Deb, but why do we have to wait to tag along with hubby? We can just go to the hardware or home fix-up shops by ourselves.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Cookie Muncher

Nice card, Deb, and a good idea! In our local hardware store, I also found small drawer sets and divided containers for acoutrements and a nice wooden tool box just right for stamps, plus hooks, rings, rollers, and brushes. The hardware store is a stamper's friend.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Audreyrose

Great idea, I sonder if I can find any here? Well we do have an ACE Hardware , so I will take a chance and look!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 PM
winning714

That's a beautiful card, Deb and I love your idea. Thank you all for your ideas from the hardware store. Looks like I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow as I spend my day in one of the BIG ones.

Thanks
Linda
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Lady Kestral, I LOVE the saying on your post! (When you stumble, make it part of the dance.) I've added it to my l-o-n-g list of thoughts to remember and sometimes use on cards!

Renee Drew,
Temperance, MI
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Also, many thanks to Deb for the great tip about going to hardware stores!