Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Default Twitter

Okay, I'll admit it, I don't know what do do with the Twitter Bookmark thingie here even though I have a Twitter account... of course, I don't know what any of the other Bookmarks are for either... can someone enlighten me? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6701.jpg (9.1 KB, 75 views)
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Try Inky for info, she twitters all day. ~C8>
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
CowTown Stamps owner

i so do not get twitter. no one replies, one gal who followed me posted every 5 seconds so i dumped her. im blonde tho and have my headaches back so i guess that would explain why i dont get it.
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Inky the Muse

Think of Twitter as texting with not only people you know, but with people you'd like to know. When somebody new follows me, I go to their home page to see what kind of posts they leave. I also check out their website or Facebook page if they have a link on their home page. If I think what they have to say is interesting, I follow them back. If they only post what they're doing at any given moment & never respond to others I most likely won't follow. If they only post links to their business & never respond to others I won't follow. If they're following a gazillion people & never post any messages themselves I don't follow. While I do mention business related stuff from time to time, I use twitter as a social outlet & if somebody isn't being social why would I want to follow them?

Twitter really is what you make of it. You can use it to make new friends, new business connections, get info or all of the above. You can follow famous people or businesses to see what they're doing. (just don't expect them to answer you if you comment or ask a question some answer, but most don't) You can search for people with similar interests to yours to locate people that might be worth your time to follow or go avitar hoping to find new & interesting people to follow. (Sometimes when I'm checking out a new follower, I'll look at the block of avitar icons on their page & click on any that catch my eye to see if they're interesting to me.) It's unwritten courtesy to follow back anybody who follows you, but it's not a rule & I prefer to be picky about who I follow since I don't want to waste my time scrolling thru' a gazillion ads & boring posts. Newbies often just post what they're doing & don't engage. Unless you are doing some phemonenally facinating things with your life, this method of massaging will generally turn people off eventually & they may unfollow you. (Some see their following as a numbers game & if you're using Twitter as a business tool, the more followers you have, the more people there will be to see your business offerings.)

Somedays I spend a hour or 2 just chatting with other folks & somedays I just scan to see if there's anything interesting going on, maybe click a few links and sometimes I go days w/o checking in 'cause I'm busy. There is no right or wrong way to Twitter as long as you're not spamming. Spammers quickly get blocked, reported & shut down since we all want our Twitter Land to stay a clean safe playground.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Stamp, Maybe you didn't understand how it worked for Twitter because I didn't have the code in right. Try using it now.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

So, Amy, I clicked on Twitter and it took me to my Twitter page... I know I'm dense as I'm just not sure what the purpose is... thank for any clarification.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

It should then bookmark this thread on your Twitter.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Or your Tweet or whatever the heck it's called.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
It should then bookmark this thread on your Twitter.
That makes sense and I'll check it out... I still don't know how people "communicate" on Twitter as I get an error message if I try to send an email from Twitter... LOL
Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM

This explanation seemed clearly written and not voluminous:

http://jenuinejen.com/2008/04/29/twitter-for-dummies/

I don't twitter yet, but your question and my search for info on the topic moved me one step closer. I don't use my mobile phone for texting, and not sure I want to add yet another place I need to track info, so maybe this will be one more internet activity I choose to avoid.

Debra