Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Vintage Enthusiast

Default forum badges or buttons?

Are there any buttons or badges for a forum link that we can place on our blogs? Just curious. thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Will either of these work for you?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Vintage Enthusiast

Perfect! thankyou very much.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
collageaddict

You know, i may be really daft today, but I am trying to put this badge on my blog, and have it link back here, and for some reason, I am having the dumbest moment i have ever had, and before i toss this computer out the closed window, please someone can you walk me through this...thank you
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by collageaddict View Post
You know, i may be really daft today, but I am trying to put this badge on my blog, and have it link back here, and for some reason, I am having the dumbest moment i have ever had, and before i toss this computer out the closed window, please someone can you walk me through this...thank you
Right click on the image and "save image as" to save it on your computer. Then you can insert the image on your blog, highlight it and add a hyperlink to it. Did that help?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 AM
collageaddict

Well, NO...I did as you said, then loaded it into my photobucket, tried every link of insertion they have, and did the hyperlink, and it still links me to my photobucket account...FRUSTRATION is nearing atomic porpotions...I have never had a problem with this before, so i am basically missing something/brain cells...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Vintage Enthusiast

Okay, I've been there and I KNOW that frustration..believe me. I have WordPress for my blog. If that's what your using, I can walk you through it. I know with WP, that we have what's called "widgets" We have to add a text box and then type in the HTML code in it and save. Voila'! you have a badge in your sidebar. HOWEVER! for those of us that are not HTML literate( i.e. ME!) then, what I do is I do a "Draft" or start a "New Post" I click on my box that looks like a picture directly from my computer and "insert into post". You will then see your badge appear. THEN! I click on the badge, which will highlight it, then click on the little icon that looks like a chain and simply copy and paste the forum address from here into that box. What that will do is link the forum to the badge. THEN!!! I change the setting on the post from "View" to "HTML" it will display HTML in the post box. I copy that and then go to my widgets page, add a text box and paste in the HTML, hit save and then it will display in my sidebar.You don't save the "draft post" you can simply not save it and it will disappear or be saved as a draft if your blog settings have an automatic draft save function. IF your using BLogger, I would either do a search for "How to apply a badge to your sidebar in Blogger" or otherwise, do a forum search for adding badges in Splitcoast Stampers. I know alot of ppl. have had the same problem. HTH!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
RSMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybubbles View Post
Okay, I've been there and I KNOW that frustration..believe me.
And "they" say 'computers simplify life'. Right! What a pain! I got a headache just reading all that
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Vintage Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcveigh View Post
And "they" say 'computers simplify life'. Right! What a pain! I got a headache just reading all that

LOL! I know right??!! I used to have my own paid webhosting space for my website. woo-hoo! that was FUN! NOT!!! LoL I was constantly asking for help and a lot of times, had to resort to "trying" hence the word "trying" to learn HTML. I even bought a book on it.. Now, I have my own paid webhosting through GoDaddy.com. Still doesn't make it any easier...LOL but, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wordpress. THEY do. I've used them for years now. They have a free blog acct. through Wordpress.com or you can use Wordpress.org through a paid host. I have so many more options with the .org. I do NOT like Blogger. I have an account with them but, only so my pic will show up next to my posts when I post on a blogger site...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by collageaddict View Post
Well, NO...I did as you said, then loaded it into my photobucket, tried every link of insertion they have, and did the hyperlink, and it still links me to my photobucket account...FRUSTRATION is nearing atomic porpotions...I have never had a problem with this before, so i am basically missing something/brain cells...
You shouldn't need to put it in your Photobucket account at all to get it on your blog. I use Blogspot so if you have that I can help.