Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges

Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges Host and sign up for exchanges here.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:53 PM

Default March to June Color Challange Tags

Hi All,
With my family situation needing more focused attention, I am handing over the hosting reins to Ms Inky Whiskers for the months of March & April. She may also do a few more months depending on my family needs.
So, for March & April, Please send your tags to Inky Whiskers. I am giving you enough advance notice so you can make sure that March & April tags go to her address to avoid any delay in receiving your tags back.
Just to refresh your memory, here are Tuckers choices for March through June, so you have a chance to get your supplies & ideas formed in advance.

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green Sign up cutoff: 030809
Mail by date: 032309
April --- plum/bamboo green/tan Sign up cutoff: 040509 Mail by date:042009
May --- orange/cream/turqouise Sign up cutoff: 050509 Mail by date:052609
June --- plum/marine blue/linen Sign up cutoff: 060809 Mail by date: 062209

Please remember to maintain the set mailing date for each swap & now send them to:
Inky Whiskers
c/o Jenna Roby
3343 S 300th PL
Auburn, WA 98001-2232

If you have any further questions, please contact Inky. She's been playing from day one & can usually give you the answer long before I can. I will continue to play in the swaps, but in case I'm called away in a hurry I want to make sure that you all don't miss out on all the fun of this swap.
Now go create something wonderful. ~C8>
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Inky the Muse

Default March player list

Here's the player list so far from the Jan-March sign ups. If you'd like to be added to the fun, just post here to let me know.

Oh! A couple of things that aren't in the guidlines below: 1) each player is to pick one color to add to the month's listed colors. Neutrals like white, black & ivory (vanilla, ecru etc) are not considered a 'choice' since they may be needed to balance the colors or allow you to use dye inks that don't work very well on darker paper. 2) We always include 2 extra tags each month. One goes to X-ray Amy as a thank you for giving us RSC & the other goes to an anonymous member that can't participate, but greatly appreciates getting the tags anyway. (Don't ask 'cause it's a secret! ) So the tag math looks like this: 1 for you/1 for each of the other players/2 for our special people. I'll post a final head count when this swap closes for the month.

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green
Signup closes 03/09 Mail due date 03/23/09
players-
poohstamps
alsmouse
inky whiskers
spidey cindy
piecesand pom
childsp
darci simmons
nejxr25
marie
marstamper
jeanette
teena
j3annin3

2 requests:
1) if you are having trouble making the deadline please PM me (inky whiskers) ahead of time to let me know. I certainly understand that life gets in the way sometimes, I just want to stay informed of whats going on and what to expect.

2) This thread is for the signing up for and discussion of the Color Challenge Tags only. Please help me keep this thread on topic so those that are participating can stay informed and up to date about the swap.

Tag Guidelines:
The tag size is 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" with the one end having the corners cut off at the .5" mark on the 90 degree point, a 1/4" hole punched in middle of cut end
Please, as long as we leave the tag holes undecorated with ribbons & stuff, they will be easy to mail back & forth.
As for cutting of the corners & making the hole so all our tags more or less match...I have a tip for the others: make a template for cutting the corners & punching the hole. For those who need it, if you PM me (inky whiskers), I will send out a template pattern & my address (is in my member contact info AND in post #1, right below this one).
Also please type up a supply & techniques list, shrink it to a size that will easily fit the back of the tag fronts, copy the list to fill the sheet, cut the lists apart then stick them to the back.(Don't forget your name).
Once you have completed your color combination, just mail the required number of tags in either a padded 4" x 7" envie or a 6" x 9" envie. Plus an approprite sized envie SASE inside or a return address tag and enough postage to get it back to you, I'll make sure that we each get one tag of each others work. Don't forget to keep one for your self.

"Monkey Keeper asked: Is there a color chart we can refer to for some of the colors? Or are the color names specific so a brand of inkpad or marker? Or do we just make our best estimate of what a color is supposed to be?"

"Inky Whiskers (that's me!) replied-A perfectly reasonable question, but nope, we don't use a color chart or a specific brand of anything. This swap is all about stretching our creative muscles by using colors & combinations we might not normally choose to work with. Other than the required size of the tag & corner/hole specifics, you can do whatever comes to your muse & use whatever supplies you have or want to buy. (like any of us need more than the slightest of nudges to head for the LSS )

Some of us go with the first thing that comes to mind when we learn what the month's colors are & others wander around for a few days/weeks thinking about the colors & waiting for inspiration to strike. If you have to use at least one brain cell to come up with an idea for this, then you're doing it right. The point is to do something different, not go on stamping autopilot. This is also a great opportunity to experiment with new techniques & play with new or not often used stamps, inks, embellishments & papers. You should get 8 tags from one sheet of 8.5x11 card stock and so far, 2 sheets of card stock has been enough (w/left overs) to do each month's set of tags. Also, take notes as you go of what you use for stamps (w/company name), inks, papers & embellishments so you remember everything when you type up the supply list for the back of your tags. If you have room, include basic info about the technique. Many of us include this info with better directions when we upload to our galleries as well.
If you're really suck trying to visualize a particular color, try Googling it to see what others in the art world have come up with for that color. This is a very subjective process & there really aren't any 'wrong' answers. So go have some fun!!!"

Now go create something wonderful ~C8>
Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM

thank you Inky
Old 02-24-2009, 01:29 AM

Inky,

Thanks for the explanation re the count. I wondered why the +2.

Jeanette
Old 02-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Inky the Muse

You are both very welcome! Besides, I'm just doing the job Ms. Mouse asked me to do.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Ugh! I really did sign up for this one and really have an aversion to bright/dark pink. . .so I hope the muse can help get me to a good place and/or find that fourth color that will help me through this one.

Oh, not to discourage folks but I hope I don't have to make 25 of them or anything!

Last edited by piecesandpom; 02-24-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add sentence
Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
Ugh! I really did sign up for this one and really have an aversion to bright/dark pink. . .so I hope the muse can help get me to a good place and/or find that fourth color that will help me through this one.
Oh, not to discourage folks but I hope I don't have to make 25 of them or anything!
So far we are at about 16 players including the +2's. I'm not a pink fan either but I'm pulling up my big girl shorts & doing it. Just remember, the color has to represented in some manner. If need be use it as an embelisment or highlight. HTH ~C8>
Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 AM
marstamper

Sign me up for April, May and June. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:13 AM

Please sign me up for April, May, June.

Jeanette
Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post

This is why this swap is called a CHALLENGE, Karen! It forces us to look at colors we might normally avoid & find a good way to use them. Stampers, like other artists, tend to get myopic and go with our fav colors most of the time. This is fine & we get to really know the colors that 'speak' to us, but a little brain aerobics to keep our jello flexible is also a good thing. One of us might even find a NEW fav color by accident.

Here are the sign up lists for April, May & June with colors & due dates. I'll start a new thread each month to remind us what we've signed up for & to give others a chance to play if they don't wish to sign up ahead of time.

APRIL ~ plum/bamboo green/tan
Inky Whiskers
Alsmouse
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Pieces & Pom
Darci
Poohstamps
Marstamper
j3annin3
Marie
childsp

MAY ~ orange/cream/turquoise
Inky Whiskers
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Alsmouse
Darci
Poohstamps
teena
stampeediva

JUNE ~ plum/marine blue/linen
Inky Whiskers
Marstamper
Jeanette
SpideyCindy
Alsmouse
Pieces & Pom
Darci
Poohstamps
teena

Tag particulars are listed in posts #1 & #2 of this thread & will be reposted each month in the new thread. Post, PM or email me any questions you have or if your tags will be delayed or you need to bow out. Life happens & we can adjust.

Last edited by Inky Whiskers; 04-10-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: updated list