Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
One Eye Wonder

Question Uploading Photos - Help@!*

Ok, I feel totally dumb, but I can not upload my photos for the life of me. I am trying to do it from my computer. Do I need to put them in photobucket and upload from there? I have done the photobucket thing for other web sites.

Help the technologically challenged ladies (and one or two men)!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 AM

Yes, please, Help. I haven't been able to upload either.

Jeanette
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 AM
stampin stacy

I typed this up and save it a while back for someone else, see if it helps.

Downloading to the RSC gallery

1.Save photo to your computer, remember where you put it. I have a “My Pictures” folder in my computer and I created a sub-folder in that one. You can name it anything you want, something like “RSC gallery pics would be easy to find and remember though.

2.Log into RSC & go into the Gallery section from either the Gallery thread or from the bar @ the top.

3.From the second brown bar across the top of the screen click on upload photos. The bars says:

My Photos My Favorites Home Search Profile Upload Photos

4.This is where you select the pic from your computer and add any description and comments that others will see. There are two screens to this part, some info you add here and some you add at the next section because the first one doesn’t work right.
•Selecting which gallery to put it in, defaults to your member gallery. Leave this one as is
•The second one is where you retrieve the pic from your computer. Click on browse and go get the photo, once you find it just double click on it. This will take you back to the upload screen.
•Adding a title to your picture. It has to have one and 2 or more cannot have the same title. I use what ever I gave it on my computer, less confusing for me.
•Type in a basic description of your piece, including names of all stamp companies used. You might also want to tell about techniques or other materials used. Remember this is what others read when they look to your creation.
•Keywords - don’t worry about this one yet, it doesn’t work right
Click upload your are read for the next screen

5.This screen look very similar to the previous one; this is your chance to double check what you typed and look for typos or left out info
•You can also select other areas for your piece to appear such as “Swaps & Exchanges” or “ATC’s”.
•Now is the time to add Keywords if you want, although you do not have to, I leave this area blank a lot myself. Keywords are search helpers, for example you may have used a stamp be a certain company and by adding that companies name in the Keywords area, others will find your piece when they do a search using that companies name. You can add several if you want, just leave a blank between each one. Other keywords to consider are technique or other materials used.

6.Click Process, this part many take a little time depending on your computer, internet connection and how busy RSC is at the time while your gallery load is being set up and added. Once it is done it should take you back to the main Gallery page with your piece included.

That’s it, sound like a lot but its not and once you are used to it goes really fast!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
One Eye Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
I typed this up and save it a while back for someone else, see if it helps.

Downloading to the RSC gallery

1.Save photo to your computer, remember where you put it. I have a “My Pictures” folder in my computer and I created a sub-folder in that one. You can name it anything you want, something like “RSC gallery pics would be easy to find and remember though.

2.Log into RSC & go into the Gallery section from either the Gallery thread or from the bar @ the top.

3.From the second brown bar across the top of the screen click on upload photos. The bars says:

My Photos My Favorites Home Search Profile Upload Photos

4.This is where you select the pic from your computer and add any description and comments that others will see. There are two screens to this part, some info you add here and some you add at the next section because the first one doesn’t work right.
•Selecting which gallery to put it in, defaults to your member gallery. Leave this one as is
•The second one is where you retrieve the pic from your computer. Click on browse and go get the photo, once you find it just double click on it. This will take you back to the upload screen.
•Adding a title to your picture. It has to have one and 2 or more cannot have the same title. I use what ever I gave it on my computer, less confusing for me.
•Type in a basic description of your piece, including names of all stamp companies used. You might also want to tell about techniques or other materials used. Remember this is what others read when they look to your creation.
•Keywords - don’t worry about this one yet, it doesn’t work right
Click upload your are read for the next screen

5.This screen look very similar to the previous one; this is your chance to double check what you typed and look for typos or left out info
•You can also select other areas for your piece to appear such as “Swaps & Exchanges” or “ATC’s”.
•Now is the time to add Keywords if you want, although you do not have to, I leave this area blank a lot myself. Keywords are search helpers, for example you may have used a stamp be a certain company and by adding that companies name in the Keywords area, others will find your piece when they do a search using that companies name. You can add several if you want, just leave a blank between each one. Other keywords to consider are technique or other materials used.

6.Click Process, this part many take a little time depending on your computer, internet connection and how busy RSC is at the time while your gallery load is being set up and added. Once it is done it should take you back to the main Gallery page with your piece included.

That’s it, sound like a lot but its not and once you are used to it goes really fast!!
Stacy - I have been doing all of this. I choose my image and then click process. It seems to work, but then there is no image in my gallery? I can't find the image either, so I think it has not uploaded (even though there is no message saying that).
Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

email me one of the pictures you are trying to upload to beeswaxrs@aol.com.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
One Eye Wonder

FINALLY got around to e-mailing you a couple of photos.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Here's something I found for you to resize your pictures:
http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
One Eye Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
Here's something I found for you to resize your pictures:
http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/
That did the trick! Thanks.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Whooohooo!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM
fadedpaperrose11

Tried to upload some photos, but it said they were in the wrong format. How do I fix that?