Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Stampwrite

Default A Surprise soon! Inchies Box!

I'm not sure I have permission to say exactly where it is just yet, but perhaps as soon as tomorrow I can announce a website where you can go to find a template to make an Inchies box. I had found some others that were almost the right size, but asked this person if she could make one to fit the Inchies. And she did!

The website is free.... I think you can make donations, though. (Don't quote me yet! I should double-check!) You just print out the template on cardstock and then cut it out. Each side is about 1 and 1/4 inches, so you can stamp right on the template, or make your Inchies to attach onto the sides (my preference.) When you fold it into a box, it makes a great little ornament, collectible or a gift box.

And of course, I'll look like a complete dufus if there's already one of these templates out there already. I did look with the help of several different search engines and didn't find any, so I hope I was doing a good thing for all of us stampers!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM

This template sounds like it's gonna be fun. Today I bought a punch that does 1 inch squares after getting turned onto inchies through RSC. I'm looking forward to the template. Debra
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Stampwrite

I'm waiting for the official "go ahead" from the person that has the website, but I think it's ready to go... or almost!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Stampwrite

Default HERE IT IS!!!

I promised a nice surprise, and it's ready! If you go to Google, you can put in Mirkwood Designs. It is a free template site. Look for Tiny Cube Template when you get there.

This template makes a darling little box just the right size to attach Inchies to each side. Ruthann did a demo on the site of Tiny Cubes that she stamped directly on, and they are lovely. But I also thought how absolutely perfect for using with Inchies... to make an ornament, a gift box or just for swaps.

Let me know what you think!

Barbara a.k.a Stampwrite
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Inky the Muse

Kewl!!!

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwoo...s/tinycube.htm
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 AM

Ohhh, these are Nice
That was thinking, Barbara, for suggesting this size to your friend RuthAnn, and good of her to design it.
Also, Thanx Inky, for the direct link.
I like the ones with the little beads for 'legs' so to sit it on a table for display.
I can sure see kewl ornaments for those playing in the Christmas Inchie swap though.
Thanks again for sharing!
VickiR in OH
Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Talking

These are too cute! Thanks, Barbara for the inspiration and for your friend for doing them! I can hardly wait to mount inchies onto some! Your link was wonderful, Jenna! Click, click, there!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Wow What Fun! Thanks for sharing!
Spideycindy
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up Thank You!!!

Thank you to Barbara (aka Stampwrite) and RuthAnn at Mirkwood Designs. I'm grateful for the tiny template, and I'm grateful to know about the Mirkwood site. Very cool resource. Debra
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Stampwrite

Thanks, Inky, for doing the link. I should have done that, but we've been swamped around here!

I've never met Ruthann before, but she was quick to put my suggestion into action. What a sweetie!