Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 AM
hollyhuk

Default Front & Backs stamps

Hi, I have recently purchased some art impressions front and back stamps does anyone have any samples of cards showing what they could look like? I have Annie at a window, which are lovely stamps and look great, I'm just a little bit lost as to how to apply them to a card design. Any suggestions or flashes of inspiration would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Denise
Old 05-12-2007, 06:34 AM

I don't have any card samples, but have seen some cards done with these. i thought I'd seen some samples on-line, but can't find them now. So I'll try to describe a card or two that I've seen, hopefully that will be some help.

If you have a front and back person or animal set, and a fence or window from them (or possibly another company if it's on the right size scale), then I have seen them used like this:

Front of card - stamp fence and stamp front of character (e.g. girl resting elbows on fence). Cut out area above the girl and the fence so that the front of the card is now just the girl and the fence. On the back of the front peice of the card, stamp the back of the girl, lining her up perfectly with her cutout outline where you stamped her front. Then mask her and stamp the fence again. Now the front of the card is a cut out, with the front showing the girl leaning on the fence, and the back showing the girl from behind the fence. Then on the inside of the card, stamp a background for the girl, like a garden or farm scene. When the card is closed, a portion of this will show over the top of the cutout fence/girl. When the card (fence) is opened, it will show the rest of the scene, and you could also stamp your greeting phrase here so it is only revealed when the card is opened.

You can do a similar thing if you have a front/back character pair as well as a inside/outside of a window pair, you'll just cut out the inner part of the window.

Hope that gives you the idea.

Kate
Old 05-12-2007, 06:42 AM

This page from the Art Impressions has some brief instructions as well:
http://www.artimpressions.com/Catalog/O1.asp

There they are recommending cutting out the characters rather than masking as I suggested above.

Kate
Old 07-18-2007, 05:13 PM
diana

Default fronts & backs

The best money I've spent in awhile was for the Art Impressions Catalog. They send you many samples, including Fronts/Backs. That's how I got hooked on them. You get a coupon towards your next order, too.