Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Make your own blending pen/marker solution and stamp cleaner

Here are some recipes I googled and found:

Blending solution

2 teaspoons glycerin (found at your drugstore)
4 teaspoons distilled water
1/2 teaspoon rubbing alcohol

You'll need a very small pipette or some sort of dropper to get the solution into your blending pen. I have two I need to rejuvenate - used up and too hot this summer!

Stamp cleaner

2 cups distilled water
2 tablespoons rose water (makes it like SUp's cleaner!)
1 tablespoon baby wash

I know there's a recipe out there without the baby wash, uses glycerin and liquid dish soap, but I haven't relocated that one yet.

Hope this helps folks!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Audreyrose

If you locate the one without baby wash and rose water that would help me alot as they do not have these in Mexico (I don't think they do anyway) Thanks . I use non Alcholic baby wipes to clean my stamps after use. I am sure if this is not good someone will tell me so I do the right thing. All advice is much appreciated.
Audrey
Old 09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
stampin stacy

I use a product called Simple Green diluted with water its "safe for the environment". It comes in a concentrated form, so very economical too. Seems to work pretty good. If you can't find it next to the cleaners, try the automotive department. Its good for cleaning cars too, as well as around the house.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 PM

Audrey, baby wash is just the baby liquid soap we all used on our kids. It and dishwashing liquid have some glycerin in them, not just the detergents.

I think Inky Whiskers posted something about rejuvenating stamps, etc., that have been mistreated or are just really a mess. I think the glycerin helps keep the rubber supple without getting sticky or gooey.

I'll keep poking around for the other recipe!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Audreyrose

Hey Karen,
Thanks. I bought glycerine at the pharmacy here. Did not think I would find it but was able to locate a small bottle. I will look for the baby wash. Not all the conviences used in the states are available here. They do however have pampers and baby wipes, so they should have baby wash. I have just never had the need to use it here. Now I do!!
Thanks for the help.
Blessings,
Audrey
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM

I have the recipe for the stamp cleaner that uses baby shampoo, glycerine & dish soap.

To make about an 8 ounce bottle:
2 Tablespoons of glycerine
About 7 1/2 ounces distilled water (filled almost to the top of bottle - about 9/10ths full)
A good squirt of baby shampoo (any brand)

Put a funnel over the mouth of the bottle & add 2 TAB glycerine. Fill almost to the top with the distilled water. Add a good squirt of baby shampoo & shake a bit. I put this in a small spray bottle, but others I know put it on white (no dyes) felt so they can rub it around to get the stamps clean. Just toss the felt when it's dirty. The glycerine helps to condition the stamps.