Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Audreyrose

Wink Little glitz

I did something really different. A friend of mine and I were in a beauty products store here in Mexico. I spotted some of the little rinestones that can be worn on your nails. My friend said try those on your cards. Well I did!! They are great for just a little glitz. I made some cards with dogs with collars on and used the nail jewelry, what a hoot. The dogs are all glitzed up . It is just a little touch and does soooooo much.
Have fun
Audrey
Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

It's great to find embellishments like that in unlikely places, Audrey!
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
stampin stacy

Sure wish you had a way to get a pic in the gallery, I'll bet they are adorable.

P S Are you tired of the hot yet, who said they could turn it on so high already? (sweat droplets not tears this time)
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
P S Are you tired of the hot yet, who said they could turn it on so high already? (sweat droplets not tears this time)
You can send some of your hot up here! It's almost noon & the temp is 56 degrees F and it's pouring rain. (tears not sweat)
Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Audreyrose

Wink

As I sit here at the computer the sweat is running down my back. IT is HOT here!!! Hopefully rainy season will start soon. They say it will start June 10th, then the weather is beautiful. It rains primarily during the night or very early morning and the days are just the right temp, as there is no humidity! Like I have told you all before, COME ON DOWN!! I would love to meet you all personally, plus you could bring me some fun things to work with ( aren't I selfish? ) Hope it gets to be warmer for you Inky.
Take care,
Audrey
Old 06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
CowTown Stamps owner

Audrey where in mex are you?
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

It was 97 in Las Vegas today... just comfortable due to no humidity... doesn't feel hot here until it goes over 110 or so.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 PM
stampin stacy

We have been doing the just under 100 dance for a while now. Except with the humidity high like it has been the heat index temp is over 100 (105 or higher). I would gladly box this stuff up and send northward.

I haven't really looked at a weather forecast lately but the last time I did the U. S. was in thirds: North-still cold, Central states-rain and severe storms, the southern states & a good portion of Mexico-HOT.

Audrey, bringing you goodies to play with would be a small price to pay for getting out of the summer boiler here. Sure would be tempting if I had the $$. So what else have you put rhinestones on since starting this thread?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:10 PM
20forme

Do you have a picture of it you could post I would really like to see it.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Audreyrose

Wink

Laurel, to answer your question, I live in Lake Chapala. It is located in the Sierra Madre Mountains south of Guadalajara. Soon the rainly season will start and it will be wonderful here (should start this weekend)
I have used the nail jewelry as windows in some scenic cards. If I can get it to come out in a picture I will attempt to post (have never posted before not sure how) I also used some heart rhinestones on an anniversary card. The card was lavendar witha green matt and Happy Anniversary embossed on cream and cut out and I used mounting tape to lift the phrase. I put the heart rhinestones on the Happy anniversary phrase and then one in a corner on the inside of the card on the sentiment. The rectangular and square ones work great as windows. I also have some that look like tiny commas and I am going to use them as flames on my son-in-law's birthday card.
As they say simple things make simple people happy I am as about as simple as you can get
Audrey