Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Inky the Muse

Default Another Gallery question

Hi Amy!

Is there a way to transfer gallery photos to another member's gallery? There are several of us that often post projects from swaps for those members who don't have the equipement to post photos & I've been noticing that my gallery is getting kind fo full. I deleted some things of mine to make more room, but hesitate to delete somebody else's projects since they aren't available to see somewhere else.

Thanks for being your wonderful self!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Ao you would want to put someone's art iin their own member's gallery? You can't do that but if you give me a list of artowrk and where it goes then I can move it.
Amy
Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 PM

Thanks for asking the question, Jenna! I also have pix in my gallery that actually belong to others.

Amy, if a member doesn't have a gallery started, could you still move files into a gallery for them? Also, would comments that should go to them move with those files? (I've been pm'ing folks when I see they have a comment from our chat members but it's nice to see them as your own kudo!)

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
You can't do that but if you give me a list of artowrk and where it goes then I can move it.
Amy
Kewl! I'll add making that list to my "To Do's". You want a list of file names & what member they belong to, correct?

P.S. Karen ~ That's why I asked. I knew that a few of us were gladly helping the others do show & tell, but the individual galleries do have space limits.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Yes, send me a list of artwork and who it belongs to. If I do a "move" I think the comments will follow the artwork in the move but we'll see!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 PM
stampin stacy

Me Too !! Yea now their name will come up when their art comes up on the random gallery at the top too. Cool
Old 01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Bad news. I took an image by Alsmouse in Inky Whiskers gallery and tried to move it. It doesn't give me the option to move an image in a specific Members Gallery. If I research it I may find a work around but your best bet is to email the file to the owner, have them upload it to their own gallery and then delete it from yours.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
stampin stacy

If we were to put the image at Image shack is there a number or file name we could give them so they could retrieve the file or would we be only one with access there as well?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

I believe that would make it more difficult for everyone. You would have to upload to ImageShack instead of just attaching a file in an email. Then they would have to have access to the image to retrieve it. I'm not sure how ImageShack works for that. I know that with Photobucket you have the option of making your account public or private. If you uploaded to Photobucket and made your account public then they could access your uploaded art that way and copy and paste it or save image onto their computer. But really, it's just easier to send it to them by email.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I am one of the scannerless folks. However, I did get one for Christmas just have not had time to hook up and learn how to do it. Certainly you all can delete any of spideycindy's work and that will motivate me to learn how and start doing my own sooner than later. I have greatly appreciated the help but certainly do not fill your space up on my behalf!
Spideycindy