Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 AM

Default Why...What do you do with your cards?

There are many reasons we stamp. Relaxation, creative outlet, creating cards for sending to someone, to trade -- just to name a few. There are no wrong answers here.

How about you?

-What purpose does stamping fill in your life?

-What do you do with the finished art/cards you make?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM

I've been doing winter-holiday cards for a few years now, but really got into card crafting when a friend was unable to find a job locally and moved across the country a bit over a year ago. Been keeping her mailbox full. When I first got started stamping, some 30 years ago, I was writing a lot of letters and stamped those. Not so much letter writing these days, and it's hard to stamp an email.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM

You have a lucky friend! It is so nice to receive a handmade card in the mail! My mailbox usually contains bills and/or ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberTrucker View Post
I've been doing winter-holiday cards for a few years now, but really got into card crafting when a friend was unable to find a job locally and moved across the country a bit over a year ago. Been keeping her mailbox full. When I first got started stamping, some 30 years ago, I was writing a lot of letters and stamped those. Not so much letter writing these days, and it's hard to stamp an email.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Yesterday was my day off and I needed some "creative time" -- some leave me alone time. Anyone know what I mean?

I'm glad I signed up for some swap. It is the answer to the "What do you do..." with the ATCs I made yesterday.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Inky the Muse

Some I mail of my cards to family & friends, some I sell & some just sit in boxes until I need them.

I craft cuz I have to do SOMETHING creative on a regular basis or I get really really cranky. I stamp cuz it's easier than coloring on the walls with crayon (textured walls) with the bonus of being able to share my art. I think hubby would get mad if I started cutting out chunks of sheetrock & mailing them. Don't you think?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
Some I mail of my cards to family & friends, some I sell & some just sit in boxes until I need them.

I craft cuz I have to do SOMETHING creative on a regular basis or I get really really cranky. I stamp cuz it's easier than coloring on the walls with crayon (textured walls) with the bonus of being able to share my art. I think hubby would get mad if I started cutting out chunks of sheetrock & mailing them. Don't you think?
I can see your DH having a fit if you started mailing off parts of your wall. That just means another project for him to start. Though that would give you a larger crapht room. Hmmmm, do I see a new project rattling around in your brain, Inky??

As for my cards, family & friends benefit from my cards, I keep a file of cards for special moments & when I get an abundance, I ship them off to my aunt who sends them out to her church members & our armed forces. I send her lots of cards that are made with recycled media & she loves how I can take something that was destined for the trash & make it special.
~C8>

Last edited by alsmouse; 05-26-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 AM
paperaddict

I create to enjoy and enjoy to create. Lots of mine go to friends ...birthdays, thanks, sympathy and just because. The extras I have at a little local consignment, art thrift store. Any that do not sell there...go to LOGAN's RUN thrift store as a donation for rescued cats and dogs. I would create cards/ATCs and mini journals even if I had no place to share them. I cut paper as a way to express my sense of accomplishment and creativity. I recycle as much as possible and friends laugh at how many pieces of scraps I get when layering ....as I often cut out the centers!....and everyone saves me all their scraps for my hand made paper embellishments.

pat aka critterportraits
Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Been real & been fun

I stamp because husband said I needed a hobby. I had gotten out of stamping some time prior due to spending too much in such a short time. But that exasperation has long since passed and I now have more supplies than I ever dreamt possible.

Another reason I stamp is because my mom loves all of my artwork. She has made inchies and ATCs into magnets and hangs them on her fridge. It makes me very happy to make her cards as well as paper shoes and any other thing I can think of.

It's definitely a stress reliever and a basis for making friendships. I can hardly believe that I am currently involved in SIX swaps! Husband gives wonderful feedback on a lot of my projects. And it's fun to share with him my ideas.

Another definite for me is that it is a morale booster and the fact that the exploration of it all are limitless...
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM
wolfeyesone

Stamping is a way for me to creatively express myself, RELAX & brighten someone's day. It makes me very happy to know that something I created with love has put a smile on the reciever's face. Most times the someone's are Family & friends and even some clients from work..

I'll come home from a long day at work, keyed up ..get what needs to be done, done & plop down. and then My "box " catches my eye.. ( the box is full of hands on supplies I never put away cause I use them too often) After glaring & glancing at it a few times.. suddenly its in front of me & creating begins.. That stress meter is now way down & I'm starting to relax...

My mom is the # 1 recipient of my art ( dad is # 2 had to throw that in there to be fair...) .. she enjoys receiving them & gives awesome feed back.. After explaining ATC's to her and then explaining them again....... She loves em.. In fact the last time they visited she wanted to see how they were "made"... I asked her why not try one yourself & she said sure ( she has never been afraid to try something new! )

The following is her 1st ATC !.... What do you think ? ....not to shabby for a 83 yr old
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Momma's ATC.jpg (24.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Been real & been fun

Your mom did a FABULOUS job, Wolfseye. That is one marvelous card. Wow!