Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 AM

You all have such great ideas!

I saw something that may take a bit less desk space as it goes up rather than taking up a big footprint - it was a pyramid stack of PVC pipes on their sides, all hot glued together and the whole lot tied up with a large ribbon as a decoration. It was for pen/pencil storage and I am thinking about trying that.

(To make the pyramid, glue 4 tubes together for the bottom, then stack 3 on top for the next row and glue, then 2, then 1 on top).
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 AM
stampin stacy

The pyramid would be great for markers and gel pens especially. Hope you share with us Susan if you do decide to make one.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanlhl View Post
You all have such great ideas!

I saw something that may take a bit less desk space as it goes up rather than taking up a big footprint - it was a pyramid stack of PVC pipes on their sides, all hot glued together and the whole lot tied up with a large ribbon as a decoration. It was for pen/pencil storage and I am thinking about trying that.

(To make the pyramid, glue 4 tubes together for the bottom, then stack 3 on top for the next row and glue, then 2, then 1 on top).
Did it say what they used for a backing/end so the pens didn't escape out the back/bottom? ~C8>
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM

I think you could use most anything from shirtboard to plastic sheeting. Run a line of glue around the bottom end of each tube and stand them on the backing as you glue them together. A large rubberband might help. When it is dry, trim away the excess. Now you can stand it up for pencils or keep it horizontal for pens/markers.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
akonpittbull

Like Stacy I have made the box for the pencil storage and I can manage the different pencils in different small boxes so I can find the particular color from that. Thats really help me to store it and easily find it.