Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Library Archives > Art Shop

Art Shop Vendor sponsored Sketch Challenges.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Enthusiastic Participant

Default December Sketch Challenge

Where HAS the time gone?

This month gg designs is pleased to sponser the challenge. Hopefully it will do double duty for you....something you can use during the holidays?

Alene Faber has designed the sketch for this month. Thank you Arlene!

Other than loosely following her sketch, there are no "rules.." Any stamps you have are acceptable. Of course, seeing gg designs images warms our heartbut it won't make a whit of difference prize-wise.

Just as smarter heads who've gone before have decided......a drawing seems the only fair way to choose a winner. After all, everyone's art is everyone's art, not better or worse, just different. So, if you submit an entry you have an equal chance of winning.

The prize? The winner will get to choose any stamp or set shown on the Gazette Front page during December. The specials are displayed at the bottom of the page.

Running out of steam? Can't think of a thing to get you started? On the Gazette Front Page there are links to recent techniques used as challenges. There are lots of ideas there to get you started.

Most of all, have fun. Don't stress. Use this card idea as a relax-with-a -cup-of-coffee-or-tea-and-have-fun time. (Is there any of that this time of year?)

Enjoy!

To upload a card hosted off site (like your own website, Photobucket or Imagshack) simply click on the insert image icon while composing your post (looks like a little yellow postcard) and paste the URL in the box that pops up.

To include a picture or scanned artwork in your post:
When you Reply to a thread, scroll down past the box you type your reply in until you see Attach Files and click on Manage Attachments. That will bring up a pop up window where you can upload from your computer. Click on Browse and find the image to upload on your computer, double click on the file and then click on Upload. This will automatically put that file in your post for you.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM

I'm chuckling here. . .folks in my stamp club thought several of my cards for the church fair were too plain. This sketch will help me punch up the cards for those folks quite a bit!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Enthusiastic Participant

Glad Arlene's sketch will help.....but.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE are good too. Not sure I'd take the criticism too literally. Maybe there are customers out there just aching for simple designs!

Anyway....hope the design spurs you on and that we get to see the results.

Charlotte

Last edited by gg designs; 12-02-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Charlotte, I never thought to look here. Glad I found the sketch....Arlene did good.

Jeanette
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Already done your holiday cards? Hey, if you can't use it for this holiday, look ahead and make a valentine card. The circles could be hearts too.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Enthusiastic Participant

GREAT IDEA!!! Wish I'd thought of it!

Charlotte
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Enthusiastic Participant

OR....how about HNY for Happy New Year...in the circles? Yeah, I know, it's not as good an idea as Fab's but I'm reaching!!!

C.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Enthusiastic Participant

Nothing to do with the Challenge over all......but the first person to post a sample gets a---tiny---stamp surprise!

Is this called incentive? Or out and out bribery?

C.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Default Dec. Sketch Challenge

I love the sketch, Charlotte.

I may not qualify for the incentive, because I already had made this ATC, and that is OK. It is just fun to play along with these challenges! BTW, did anyone else notice that an ATC works great as the focal point for this sketch?

Here is my card.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 AM

Why would using ATC size on a card be cheating? ? ? Many of my stamps are that size and then I wonder what to do with the rest of the card which is why these sketch challenges are such terrific inspiration!

My stamp area has been 'closed' since Nov 21st and I can't open it up until the 4th - my next project is going to be glittery and I need to keep the house (and pets!) clean until then.