Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges

Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges Host and sign up for exchanges here.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 AM

Default Jan to March CCT sign-up

Tucker has picked the colors for each month & I will be listing 3 months at a time so you can pre-shop/pre-plan for the tags.

The BIG NEW thing will be to add one other color of your choice to the mix. Since we have always considered black & white to be givens as part of the tags this means you will be picking something other than them to be used.

So using January’s colors as an example; I would use black, white, gray & “puce” on my tags. “Puce” would be my additional color choice. (puce would not be my color choice in real life since it is a icky color but I’m using it as an example color only) If you have any questions on this process, please ask. No question is ever stupid, only the un-asked question is stupid.
The other tag guidelines will remain the same.

January --- black/white/gray (14+2=16)
Signup closes 01/06/09 Mail due date 01/20/09
players-
poohstamps *
alsmouse *
inky whiskers *
spidey cindy *
piecesand pom *
childsp *
darci simmons *
nejxr25 *
marie *
j3annin3 *
marstamper
jeanette *
teena *
mr windey spider *

February --- electric blue/sage green/chocolate brown
Signup closes 02/09 Mail due date 02/23/09
players-
poohstamps
alsmouse
inky whiskers
spidey cindy
piecesand pom
childsp
darci simmons
nejxr25
marie
marstamper
jeanette
teena
suesun

March --- strong pink/duck yellow/grass green
Signup closes 03/09 Mail due date 03/23/09
players-
poohstamps
alsmouse
inky whiskers
spidey cindy
piecesand pom
childsp
darci simmons
nejxr25
marie
marstamper
jeanette
teena

2 requests:
1) if you are having trouble making the deadline please PM me ahead of time to let me know. I certainly understand that life gets in the way sometimes, I just want to stay informed of whats going on and what to expect.

2) This thread is for the signing up for and discussion of the Color Challenge Tags only. Please help me keep this thread on topic so those that are participating can stay informed and up to date about the swap.

Tag Guidelines:
The tag size is 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" with the one end having the corners cut off at the .5" mark on the 90 degree point, a 1/4" hole punched in middle of cut end
Please, as long as we leave the tag holes undecorated with ribbons & stuff, they will be easy to mail back & forth.
As for cutting of the corners & making the hole so all our tags more or less match...I have a tip for the others: make a template for cutting the corners & punching the hole. For those who need it, if you PM me (alsmouse), I will send out a template & my address.
Also please type up a supply & techniques list, shrink it to a size that will easily fit the back of the tag fronts, copy the list to fill the sheet, cut the lists apart then stick them to the back.(Don't forget your name).
Once you have completed your color combination, just mail the required number of tags in either a padded 4" x 7" envie or a 6" x 9" envie. Plus an approprite sized envie SASE inside or a return address tag and enough postage to get it back to you, I'll make sure that we each get one tag of each others work. Don't forget to keep one for your self.

"Monkey Keeper asked: Is there a color chart we can refer to for some of the colors? Or are the color names specific so a brand of inkpad or marker? Or do we just make our best estimate of what a color is supposed to be?"

"Inky Whiskers replied-A perfectly reasonable question, but nope, we don't use a color chart or a specific brand of anything. This swap is all about stretching our creative muscles by using colors & combinations we might not normally choose to work with. Other than the required size of the tag & corner/hole specifics, you can do whatever comes to your muse & use whatever supplies you have or want to buy. (like any of us need more than the slightest of nudges to head for the LSS )

Some of us go with the first thing that comes to mind when we learn what the month's colors are & others wander around for a few days/weeks thinking about the colors & waiting for inspiration to strike. If you have to use at least one brain cell to come up with an idea for this, then you're doing it right. The point is to do something different, not go on stamping autopilot. This is also a great opportunity to experiment with new techniques & play with new or not often used stamps, inks, embellishments & papers. You should get 8 tags from one sheet of 8.5x11 card stock and so far, 2 sheets of card stock has been enough (w/left overs) to do each month's set of tags. Also, take notes as you go of what you use for stamps (w/company name), inks, papers & embellishments so you remember everything when you type up the supply list for the back of your tags. If you have room, include basic info about the technique. Many of us include this info with better directions when we upload to our galleries as well.
If you're really suck trying to visualize a particular color, try Googling it to see what others in the art world have come up with for that color. This is a very subjective process & there really aren't any 'wrong' answers. So go have some fun!!!"

Now go create something wonderful ~C8>

Last edited by alsmouse; 02-05-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add players
Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 AM

Woo Hoo!!!!! sign this silly ol bear up!!!(for all please)
Old 12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Inky the Muse

DUH!!! Sign me up for the whole year now!

BTW ~ I noticed that one year of tags only fills half the ring.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
DUH!!! Sign me up for the whole year now!

BTW ~ I noticed that one year of tags only fills half the ring.
I'll put you down for the 3 months at a time only so if there is a change it can be altered. I'm keeping the rest of the info in a seperate folder so if there are any problems, I have it as a back up to this.

As for the ring, I am going to start a new ring so that I can easily flip the tags. Each player can decide if they want to continue on their current bookbinders ring or if they want to purchase a new one. For those of you who are wondering about finding the ring, we are talking about. It is a 3" bookbinders ring, available at a REAL stationery store. I have looked at the big box store but haven't seen one that size so far, you may have to ask. If you get really desperate, send me a PM & we will chat. ~C8>
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Inky the Muse

Yes ma'am, if you say so.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I am having way too much fun to back out now! Please sign me up for the next 3!
Spideycindy
Old 12-23-2008, 12:54 AM

Default CCT swap

I'd like to sign up.

Thanks
Jeanette
Old 12-25-2008, 03:45 PM
fadedpaperrose11

I'd like to play for all 3 months, please! This color challenge makes me really have to be creative and I like that!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Patricia

Now that my muse has had a little time off...I'll play for the next 3 months
and I really like the idea of being able to add a color.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:58 PM

Santa gave me neon stickies so I've created my reminders for the next three months. Please sign me up for all three months.