Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Stamping resolution for 2012?

I've looked through my stamping efforts for the past few years and see that I've veered away from what I really like and put my efforts toward doing things that I thought would sell at craft fairs, etc.

What do I want to do this year? More nature and scenic stamping, try my hand at stamping on bisque (I have four lunch plates that are not going to last the year) and getting better at coloring with pencils and watercolors.

What do you want to do this year?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
stampin stacy

to stop letting life get in the way, there will always be things going wrong but the muse is no longer allowed to run and hide every time. I also started a blog, we'll see how long I last, lol.

Quote:
More nature and scenic stamping
Yeah!!! I love your scenes!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 AM

I'd really like to purge my craft room of about 1/2 the stuff. I use only a portion of my supplies and sometimes all the "stuff" gets in the way.

Of course I say this at the start of every year.....this year I starting my "purge" by cleaning out my master bedroom closet. Got rid of a TON of stuff - now have lots of room in there. I now need to move on to my craft room.

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 AM

I hear you on the purging! My large hutch holds some of my inks and awkward to store supplies as well as china we never, ever use. I'd be able to see my supplies and display my loved cards if I just pack up the china, put it back in the attic and only keep what I truly need or enjoy in the hutch.

And Stacy I bookmarked your blog so I'll be watching. . .
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
paperaddict

I want to look at every piece of art as I send/swap...and say...oh my I think I'd like to keep that one!

Is pride a good thing?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM

yes, more scenic stamping and learning new ideas with my already have on hand products
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM

I am new to the stamping world, so I would say my resolution for 2012 would be to actually get started. I received some stamps earlier this year and I absolutely love the idea of creating custom cards for all the knitted items I give away as presents.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:18 PM
stampin stacy

Quote:
And Stacy I bookmarked your blog so I'll be watching. . .
Yea!! my first follower, lol

I did pretty well at using instead of buying last year, hope to keep it up. I also want to re-organize my stuff. It's just not working the way it is anymore and the stamp notebook needs to be scrapped and started again. It is hopelessly out of date and incomplete.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 AM

No purging for me. I did that 2011. Actually, I did it this week too. ! I always give my room a purge right before CHA. I don't know why I pick CHA. I have to wait for all the new items to come out any way. It's not like I am going to CHA or will see these new things until Spring.

I want to concentrate on more of the art aspect in my work. I veered from my art in the last few years. I want to do more techniques. I want to concentrate on art journaling. I got really into die cutting in the last few years. I have burnout from it. I miss my stamping and paints.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 AM

Love the comment on the die cutting. I'm really getting the shakes as I look at the various companies creating stamps to fit their dies. I sometimes have a hard time getting my ovals and circles to cut and emboss accurately around my stamped image, especially if I'm doing production work. Punches are quicker for most shapes though I'm tempted by lots of the embossed borders. . .