Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Inky the Muse

I want to combine my new love, nail art, with my old love, rubber stamping!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM

I want to stretch myself in creating. I am a wiz at copying, but I want to do art not just crafts. And I want to enjoy the fellowship with people with like ideas.
I don't want much (ha ha) do I?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I want to stretch myself in creating. I am a wiz at copying, but I want to do art not just crafts. And I want to enjoy the fellowship with people with like ideas.
I don't want much (ha ha) do I?
At least you came to the right place to find like minded stampers.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
At least you came to the right place to find like minded stampers.
minds, what minds??
Old 01-21-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
Love the comment on the die cutting. I'm really getting the shakes as I look at the various companies creating stamps to fit their dies. I sometimes have a hard time getting my ovals and circles to cut and emboss accurately around my stamped image, especially if I'm doing production work. Punches are quicker for most shapes though I'm tempted by lots of the embossed borders. . .
I love my punches! I have always been fascinated by die cutting. I am a tech geek so I had to play with all that stuff. I devoured it. I have used every single cutter on the market. I am not exaggerating and all the software packages to go with them. Don't even get me started on the manual cutters, lol.

I just got die cutting overload. It was too much. Too many companies, too many machines and too much to keep up with. I am not even going near the die cuts that match the stamp sets, lol. I just did not burnout but I skidded hard into a wall. I actually decided tonight to pack up my Cricut's for awhile. I am keeping my Gazelle & Big Shot.

What art form did I go back to last year? Hand cutting.

I forgot how much I loved it. I forgot how much it relaxed me. I don't care each piece takes several hours to do. By the time I get done I am so proud of my work.

That's another one of my goals is too really study the art of papercutting and also hand piecing. I love the artists who hand piece their own work. It's so amazing!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 PM

I want to finish the re-organization of the system I use to keep track of my stamps. I was using a 3 ring notebook with images of the stamps in various categories. I decided to switch to a notecard system because I thought it would be more flexible. It's been half done for almost a year. Sigh. Debra
Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Has anyone tried the Zing?
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 AM

Stampo, I have tried the Zing. I own a Cricut Imagine and BossKut Gazelle. I don't want the Zing. I love my Gazelle. I have always loved Klik-n-Kut for their machines. The people who run Klik-n-Kut are angels. They are a top professional company with some huge contracts like NASA. The only thing that really agitates me about the Zing are some of the Zing affiliates have a cheerleading problem. You don't get good info on the machines since they rah rah about it. That is a peeve of mine. I have said so many times in die cutting reviews on my other boards that buying a cutter is like buying a sewing machine now. It has to be tailored to fit your needs. I think some of the women get caught up in the craze, get the machine, unpack it and then have a paperweight because it's not their style. I do think Zing would be a good machine for you because of the work you do. Go through Klik-n-Kut for info and not the affiliates.

I have been a Cricut user since it first came out. I did have a Wishblade before that. I loved that little machine. I miss her so much. My DH just bought me an Imagine. I think it's just a different system than a die cutter so I don't add it in my comparisons. I am attached to my Gazelle. I love that machine. I am about ready to upgrade the Motherboard so I can have the Print & Cut features. My machine is not one of the newer models so I need the new Motherboard.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM

Motherboards for a cutting machine? ? ? I'm hopelessly out of date and don't really mind. I have a friend who used to jump on every new item out there; she keeps finding folks more into scrapbooking, etc., to 'gift' them to.

Hum, another piece of my resolution - split scrapping items saved for eldest so I only have my supplies. . .I'm tired of pushing, moving, shoving those items so I can get to my stuff in that drawer!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Inky the Muse

Here's a thought P&P...take a lg or md flat rate PO carton & fill it with stuff for DD #1. When the box is full, ship it to her. If she really wants the goodies, she can find a place to store them.