Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM

i have a few of the new ranger distress markers..and i love the warm tones..older looking colors...they are gonna be great for fall and winter..i really like them..they are colors that others dont offer..
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
They're running about $8 per pen now... ack! Even at the old price, I thought it was outlandish... I bought about a dozen of the Ciaos in the colors I liked but even they're about $6 now. I didn't see the point of having a dozen of "about the same color"... but I'm not into blending I guess. I like the idea that they won't fade like water markers (hopefully) but didn't love that they'd bleed through most papers and the copic paper was so expensive.
At the Copic marker site Copic's FAQ does state the markers will fade in time. http://www.copicmarker.com/faq#nogo

"Q: Do they fade?

Copic markers are dye-based. When exposed to UV rays they will fade over time. Regular indoor lighting won’t fade them for a while, but long exposure will be harmful. Bright lights, or direct sunlight will speed up fading. Protecting your artwork with a UV coated glass or protective sheet will cut out the harmful light."

I guess they don't fade like traditional watercolors.

I love Sandra's creation. When she posted it over at SCS Gallery I went bonkers. I think I was the first to comment.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
At the Copic marker site Copic's FAQ does state the markers will fade in time. http://www.copicmarker.com/faq#nogo

"Q: Do they fade?

Copic markers are dye-based. When exposed to UV rays they will fade over time. Regular indoor lighting won’t fade them for a while, but long exposure will be harmful. Bright lights, or direct sunlight will speed up fading. Protecting your artwork with a UV coated glass or protective sheet will cut out the harmful light."

I guess they don't fade like traditional watercolors.

I love Sandra's creation. When she posted it over at SCS Gallery I went bonkers. I think I was the first to comment.
Wow! Then, what's the advantage? I thought the not fading part would be as we have a lot of samples in the store that over the years have faded... I guess copic users would say the blending is the advantage but I don't do that. Glad you like Sandra's creations... when she posted them on SCS, they deleted them as ads... LOL
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 04-21-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
Wow! Then, what's the advantage? I thought the not fading part would be as we have a lot of samples in the store that over the years have faded... I guess copic users would say the blending is the advantage but I don't do that. Glad you like Sandra's creations... when she posted them on SCS, they deleted them as ads... LOL
I thought the same too about Copics. That's a shame Sandra's gallery post was pulled at SCS. I am so lucky I got to see it. I thought it was the most beautiful creation I had ever seen at SCS.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfairie View Post

If you want a paper that doesn't bleed check out one sheet wonder, you can find it at eclectic paperie cheaper than the manu site. it doesn't bleed even with the spectrum noir markers, which can be super juicy.
Dragonfairie, how do you like the Spectrum Noir markers? I have been interested in them as a mid-price alternative to Copics. I also resist buying Copics because they are so expensive. I don't really begrudge them that -- Copics are professional art tools. But I am just a hobbyist. A seven-dollar marker feels too much like taking food out of my husband's mouth to justify it. But I could swing the Spectrum Noirs if they work well.

Does anyone use Prismacolor markers? If not, why not?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Bonnie/raduse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcorby View Post
Dragonfairie, how do you like the Spectrum Noir markers? I have been interested in them as a mid-price alternative to Copics. I also resist buying Copics because they are so expensive. I don't really begrudge them that -- Copics are professional art tools. But I am just a hobbyist. A seven-dollar marker feels too much like taking food out of my husband's mouth to justify it. But I could swing the Spectrum Noirs if they work well.

Does anyone use Prismacolor markers? If not, why not?
I use the prisma markers and LOVE THEM!! In fact, I'll never switch to copic especially with the price increase. I also buy all of my prismacolor markers from dick blick online here: http://www.dickblick.com/?wmcp=google&wmckw=[dick%20blick]&wmcid=adwords&cid=psgex072611171&gclid=CLbMy_iVu7 ACFaYaQgodLDqNpw

Fantastic customer service & shipping. My prismacolor markers are at least $2 cheaper than Michael's per marker & about $2.50 cheaper than the Hobby Lobby we have here.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Bonnie/raduse

Of course, I DO plan on buy the Tim Holtz distress markers, however, something urgent always comes up & takes the stamp money I have put away - like DH's meds (he's in the donut hole now), car repairs, vet bills, etc, etc.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM
craftingwithpaper

Was looking through a craft book being new to all this what is the diff between copic pens and what I saw called opic pens. Besides the price opic was lots cheepier. Opic may be spelled wrong But it starts with an O.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftingwithpaper View Post
Was looking through a craft book being new to all this what is the diff between copic pens and what I saw called opic pens. Besides the price opic was lots cheepier. Opic may be spelled wrong But it starts with an O.
I googled opic pen and didn't find anything.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 AM
craftingwithpaper

Wow my spelling was way off Opaque markers are what they are called. ave no idea if anything like copic. Has anyone heard of or tryed these. Was at work last night when posted first post and didn't have book with on how to spell it.