Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.
Default Congrats To Steve Vander Meer

This weekend I was fortunate enough to be in Eureka visiting "Grandma" while Steve Vander Meer was holding Open House during the North Coast Open Studios.
I have to tell you he has a wonderful building that he has poured alot of work and thought into making it a very happy special place to work.
You can go to his blog and see alot of the progress along the way under Meer Image here at RSC.
If ever you have the opportunity to visit his studio you will truly enjoy it. I was able to drool over his wonderful art Stamp collection as well as some of his framed nude studies. There were examples of the process of his creating stamps from sketches to the beautiful plates that come back for pressing rubber. His stamps are true works of art far beyond the image which is stunning beyond words. When I grew up in the art field one never spoke of "artist" and "craftsman" in the same sentence. Thank heavens for forward thinking and the opportunity for one to be as special and meaningful as the other because Meer Image Stamps are all that and more.
Thank you for being a wonderful, gracious host and I have to tell you that your DVD is a huge hit with our son!
Spideycindy
Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Spidey, SOOO jealous you were able to go to his Open House. Each time we go to 'visit' Mom in the Honor Grove, I want to stop by and see him. So far, no luck, hours or timing has been against it. Bummer.
Glad you went.
Congrats, Steve, on your new studio. Someday I will get there to visit.
~C8>
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 AM
paperaddict

I have been watching the studio progress by clicking his link here on RSC!
Am envious of your visit!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 AM
stampin stacy

I too have seen some of his pics thru the link here and it does look like an amazing space in which to work/create. Glad you got to go.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

He is very nice and very gracious. Rob enjoyed sampling one of each treat and settled on a great DVD of his animations. I of course got the feather set I love so much and his new beetle which is lovely. Truly seeing the stamps up close and personal just added to my wish list.
His work is concept to sketch or visa versa to stamp worthy image to engravers to pressing the rubber and making a stamp a work of art that is art just to look at and admire.
I thank all the RSC vendors and artists for keeping the passion alive for us all!
Ann maybe a heads up ahead of time and maybe you could see his studio sometime? Worth asking anyway. I traveled from Lake County and you are driving quite a distance. Maybe if the stars align I am just saying...worth asking, just not sure how often this is done.