Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM

Default vsn

hey ya'll..the new issue of vamp stamp news is out..and some of us artist are in there..theres some really pretty stuff in it this time..hope you all check it out..i didn't send cards this time..i just sent in smaller things..atc sized art
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM

I'll be stalking my postal carrier.
~C8>
Old 05-24-2011, 11:16 AM

ohh good alsmouse..its the alcohol ink theme for stuff other than cardstock..i made some really beautiful cards and was just about to seal my envie when i went back to get the address to vsn..and reread it..and seen where it was for alcohol ink on surfaces other than plain cardstock..and about craped..so i went back and did other alcohol ink on other surfaces other than regular papers..i cant wait to read it all..thats the magazine that i have learned the most from..love it so much..it really teaches us a lot
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkyjo View Post
ohh good alsmouse..its the alcohol ink theme for stuff other than cardstock..i made some really beautiful cards and was just about to seal my envie when i went back to get the address to vsn..and reread it..and seen where it was for alcohol ink on surfaces other than plain cardstock..and about craped..so i went back and did other alcohol ink on other surfaces other than regular papers..i cant wait to read it all..thats the magazine that i have learned the most from..love it so much..it really teaches us a lot

So it sounds like that one might be one to subscribe to. I'm always on the look out for stamping 'zines that cater to the not beginner stamper I'll add it to my list - which current includes Technique Junkies and one of the Somerset Studios 'zines (just not sure which of the two stamping related ones to get).

Congrats on making it in there, Jo!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:42 PM
wolfeyesone

YAY Jo ! I really like both the ATC's, but the fish is my favorite -so colorful ! & cool use of papertowel...
I'm liking the new spaced out colored pages that started with this issue of VSN.. easier to put the description & art together.
Way to go
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM

dear dragonfly..please get the technique junkie and vampstampnews..they are the only 2 i mess with..its nice to every now and again get somerset just to see the multi media that im into...but not for the price they want..i always get used mags from other folks..the 2 i use are very reasonable even on my poor budget..and they are by far the best in knowledge of stamping
Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 PM

yeah wolf..i love the way miss nancie changed her format on vamp stamp news mag...alot better..she does alot for us..i just love her and what she teaches us all
Old 05-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Joannie, loved your alcohol ink ATCs in VSN. I especially liked the one with the fish, great use of papertowels, must remember that one.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM

thank you bunches..hey ya'll on the fish one..the fish with alcohol inks done on paper towels..make your alcohol inksprays and spray on paper towel..and as you see it soak in..pull apart the second layer of the paper towel..thats the part on this paticular paper towel that i used..the second ply..and depending on what brand paper towel you use..you will get lots of different inked textures ..i cant remenber what brand that was..but it was probaly bounty or the ones from BJ'S outlet..the food chain..just try and look at the texture of paper towels when you buy them for art..and the cheaper ones work as good as the expensive ones..remember we aren't scrubbing stuff with them..just dying them colors..so dont spend a lot of money on them, but do make sure they have a 2-ply..also you can use any paper towel from gas stations, restraunts, docs offices, ect..anywhere they lets you wash your hands will have some kind of paper product for you to wipe your hands..lots of different effects out there..ready to go hunting ?