Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Shopping Guide

Shopping Guide Share great stamping finds here. Not for personal advertisements or promoting by Design Teams.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:14 PM
UpsideDown

Default Alphabet Rubber Stamps!

So expensive. Love fonts. Used to be a typesetter. Sigh. To make matter worse so many are poorly made. Grrrr.

Bragging: was at Michaels and found a 68 stamp set forů $17.00!!! Indexed on wood blocks of a size matching the letter, upper case, lower case, numbers, punctuation. The only down side is the foam is thin but at least it's there.

Recollections (Michael's brand) simple serif font similar to Courier. It's one of my favorites because it is clean and easy to read with enough weight to not get lost easily on a patterned background.

This is a great beginners alphabet! Any collector will enjoy it if they don't have something like it in their collection already.

Do you have a favorite alphabet set of stamps? Share with us.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Been real & been fun

I, too, love alphabet stamps. Recently, I bought a set called Brush Script Alpha by Stampabilities for $9.99. I believe I bought these at Hobby Lobby. The rubber is pink and rather thick, but on cling mount.

Quite a while ago, I bought Classic Caps and Alphabet Antique Upper by Stampin' Up!

I've seen a number of typesetting fonts for sale in the past few years from Craft Shops going out of business. It was about 2009 that we were invited to attend Wayzgoose at a local bookstore in Tacoma. It was a very interesting typesetting event and one that has stayed with me mostly due to intrigue.

Yes, font stamps are rather expensive which is why I purchase the cling foam ones instead of the wood mounted ones. That's the only way I've found to have the best of both worlds.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:41 AM
UpsideDown

Brush Script Alpha by Stampabilities
Found it on UK Ebay. Nice set. The letter width looks a bit narrow, does it stamp well?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Been real & been fun

Well enough for me. I typically go over stamps with a white eraser as some have a coating on them if they don't stamp well enough for me. If you'd like a demo, let me know.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:40 PM

hey do you have any pics ... links for the set? cheers
Old 07-12-2016, 12:42 AM

I have the Layered Letters Alphabet from Stampin' Up! in photopolymer. They have a set f stamps and matching dies for called the Letters For You set that looks great to me. It's also photpolymer. I usually make cards and sometimes do titles for scrapbook pages with alpha stamps. I like cutting out layers of alphas and gluing the layers together to make chipboard like letters.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Blooming stamper

I have collected alphabet and number stamps for over 45 years and now have about 26 sets. Most are wood mounted, but I also have acrylic and cling. If I get a chance, I'll stamp some of my favorites and post them here.