Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Alluring Impressions

Exclamation ***DO NOT store EZ Mount on acetate sheets*** WARNING

The manufacturer of EZ mount (Sunday International) has just posted this warning to their website:
Please Note: It is not recommended that you store any of your EZMount Stamps on Acetate Sheets. Acetate is made with chemicals that will react with EZMount and any other cling cushion type product, making an almost permanent bond between it and the cling.

I have posted a picture of a friend's stamps after she tried pulling them off her acetate storage sheet one week after mounting them. . . beware! http://www.alluringimpressions.com/stam ... zmount.htm

If you have EZ Mount stamps stored on acetate, remove them ASAP!

~ Amy
Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Well, this means I probably have some 'ruined' stamps. . .but can I microwave the EZ-mount off the stamps like I 've done with some of my wooden stamps?

I was wondering why some my stamps came off the acetate sheet so hard. . .didn't ruin anything I was trying to work with but this means I now need to re-organize. And I had it pretty much the way I wanted it, too!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluring Impressions View Post
If you have EZ Mount stamps stored on acetate, remove them ASAP! ~ Amy
Thank you So much for for this info, Amy! After my own personal fiasco with the previous generation of cling vinyl, I can appreciate the frantic dive some folks will be making into their stamp collections to see what can be saved.

Makes me glad I went with HALOS after the CV failed all those years ago.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Sunday International IS NOT the manufacturer of the EZ Mount. They have a trade mark on the name "EZ Mount" ONLY. I have never heard this problem with acetate before. We have NEVER had a problem with our Plastic Storage Sheets. This is virgin polished plastic. These have been on the market for 4 years without ANY PROBLEMS and are available on our website as ezplastic.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
Sunday International IS NOT the manufacturer of the EZ Mount. They have a trade mark on the name "EZ Mount" ONLY. I have never heard this problem with acetate before. We have NEVER had a problem with our Plastic Storage Sheets. This is virgin polished plastic. These have been on the market for 4 years without ANY PROBLEMS and are available on our website as ezplastic.
Always good to have more accurate info, Stampo! I think the problem is when folks store their cling mount stamps on office supply acetate & not on the stiff plastic pages, like the ones you sell, or in hard plastic CD cases. The acetate sheets are cheap & the stuff does hold cling material, so I can understand the appeal for thrifty stampers. I guess it holds on a wee bit too well.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
CowTown Stamps owner

What we sell a skid of is the vinyl cling sheets. it is NOT acetate and stampers are buying them in 10 or 20 or more quantities. it works great. we sell the ezmount type that Harry sells and it flies off the shelf.
im surprized that people put their stamps on acetate, i don't see it that often, but maybe its more readily available in some areas.
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM

You all are making me chuckle. First I was using Tack It Over and Over for my unmounteds. Those work fine on parchment paper with a backing of office supply acetate behind the parchment and an old-fashioned presentation sheet - paper with three holes and really cheap acetate on both sides of the paper. But, Tack It Over and Over wasn't working on some of my detailed stamps and is real messy on itsy bitsy ones. So I put those on the cling. . .fortunately I don't have many of these.

If I buy a bunch of the 'real stamper's' sheets I can get away from all my issues and concerns, slipping parchment paper, etc., but yes, I am cheap when I want to buy stamps and not necessarily storage for them! I'm getting better with double-stick tape so I don't have to mess with a lot of this anymore and can keep my unmounteds by vendor in plastic ziploc bags - guess I really am kind of cheap. Oh, that's New England frugality. . .can't take the part of the country out of the gal, I guess!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 AM
stampin stacy

Hey Karen for true frugality, don't forget those glue sticks you bought for the kids that dont work worth a darn but that you can't bring your self to throw away. They work pretty good on most things as long as you have a cushion underneath. Just don't forget to wash them afterwards, although I have some that are so bad that I'm pretty sure I could forget and the glue would still come off later without any problem.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:46 AM

I should probably mention that I've worked for years as a contractor and often had to bring home office supplies to print out color slides for presentations on the home computer. . .I'm slowly going through those supplies which is why I have so many acetate sheets. I'm getting to the point where I want those for stamping instead of storing though. . .yup, cheap again!
Old 01-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Alluring Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
Thank you, Stampo for the clarification of the EZ Mount.
~Amy