Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 AM
bjames

Default annoying magazine subscription card inserts

In every magazine, there are several annoying "subscription cards". Instead of throwing them away, does anyone know of a creative use for them? Can they be texturized, painted or stamped to obliterate the print and then used as a background paper/cardstock?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Audreyrose

I don't know if this can be done, but you could shred them and maybe make new paper form them?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:25 PM
stampin stacy

Include them in the return envelopes of junk mailers you are trying to annoy, uh I mean get rid of.

My suggestion was going to be paper making too if you are into that sort of thing. Perhaps collage, if there is a usable image on them. Otherwise experiment and play, what have you got to lose but a little ink or paint. Playing can be very relaxing and you never know what your going to get, I was doing a direct to paper and got something totally different from what I expected. I now have a very cool background paper waiting for a new home.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
gypsyrose

I'm just getting around to reading these posts. I just saw on DIY network where they used these inserts to make postcards. They colored them DTP with various inks to hide the ads (on both sides), then collaged with magazine cutouts, etc. They turned out really cool and of course can be sent through the mail. I tried this technique and used them as backgrounds for ATCs and 4x4s.