Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
wolfeyesone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcveigh View Post
I got hit with "AV System Suite" bug when browsing on a website last Saturday. Luckily, doing a search on how to get rid of it led me to do a hard-boot in safe mode (pressing F8) while loading Windows. From there, I could choose "System Restore" and picked a point two days prior. That did it!
Maybe you could find some online help for the one you got on your machine.
~Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl
sorry to hear about yours & glad you got it taken care of.
I am familiar w/ manual boot up, system restore,& reformating, but this ones a pain.. it expoldes once through and goes everywhere and anywhere in no time at all....lol..Looks like I'll have to reformat it (as soon as I get a bit more time to get rid of it),nothing else has worked..
Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
wolfeyesone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
I play WOW and my account got hacked in game and several of my characters were robbed and the hacker to boot put an authenticator on my own site blocking me from logging on.
Spidey
You play World of Warcraft...lol cool... Sorry & surprised you got hacked Blizzard is usually very good w/ security...
Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Ugh! If Comcast got hit, that's why we had some trouble. We do only have one anti-virus running at a time. So far, so good!

Wish we were techie enough to know how/when to remove antiquated antiwhatever programs. Guess I'll have to find out if youngest DD knows enough to do so. . .probably. Eldest was having a fit with Facebook last night so youngest and I will have to put our heads together sometime today to try to speed things up again.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
stampin stacy

Hate to say it but if you are running slow then you more than likely still have virus/trojan issues, at least that is what we've been told before. That is why we ended up completely reloading and starting over, just could not get rid of it completely and then because we were compromised we ended up with another one. I will say though that Microsoft was wonderful over the phone with helping us non tech types get it done.

Best of luck getting your systems and or emails fixed everyone. Ugh, this thread is depressing.....
Old 07-09-2010, 09:24 AM

Eldest has no patience with computer; she hits a button and wants instant results. The rest of us have had no problems and the system seems to be running fine now.

I think we actually have to get the hard drive and fan cleaned since humid weather does effect our system. It sits in one of the hottest places in the house and I haven't been remembering to put on the fan that pushes the AC air toward that corner of the room! Or maybe I'm just worried about the electric bill. . .
Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM

Yes, heat and dust are the enemies of hard drives. A can of compressed air can be used to blow out the dust.