Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Fliss

My success rate is 100% (to date), removing stamps from wood using a flat butter knife by squidging it between the wood and the stamp, then gently slide and lift as many times as it takes to release it.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
My success rate is 100% (to date), removing stamps from wood using a flat butter knife by squidging it between the wood and the stamp, then gently slide and lift as many times as it takes to release it.
Fliss uses the peel if off method like I do! She's just smarter than me & uses a tool. I use my finger nails.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Fliss

What strong fingernails you have
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Inky the Muse

Yeah, well there you have it. I can't do much with my face, body or hair, but I can grow long nails that can chip plaster or in this case, peel rubber.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 PM

I just peeled my stamps by hand. There was one REALLY stubborn one that was mounted to a very old block and it was made of purple rubber and I think they used superglue on it! Somebody suggested using a Cricut spatula to gently lever it off and it worked! It took a fair bit of elbow grease but I seperated the stamp from the base without any damage.

BTW I learned the lesson about the red rubber mounts the hard way. I had two really cute stamps and I've pretty much ruined them because I pulled them off and the red foam shredded very unevenly so the poor innocent stamps have chunks of foam on them. I didn't realise it was ALL red foam that did that - I'll remember that for the future! And Stampin' Up stamps are really easy to undo. They peel off the wooden block painlessly and you can rub the glue off them with a fingertip with no mess or fuss. Some other stamps (especially Dollar Store stamps) have much more stubborn glue and I've had to leave them sticky.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajikit View Post
I just peeled my stamps by hand. There was one REALLY stubborn one that was mounted to a very old block and it was made of purple rubber and I think they used superglue on it! Somebody suggested using a Cricut spatula to gently lever it off and it worked! It took a fair bit of elbow grease but I seperated the stamp from the base without any damage.

BTW I learned the lesson about the red rubber mounts the hard way. I had two really cute stamps and I've pretty much ruined them because I pulled them off and the red foam shredded very unevenly so the poor innocent stamps have chunks of foam on them. I didn't realise it was ALL red foam that did that - I'll remember that for the future! And Stampin' Up stamps are really easy to undo. They peel off the wooden block painlessly and you can rub the glue off them with a fingertip with no mess or fuss. Some other stamps (especially Dollar Store stamps) have much more stubborn glue and I've had to leave them sticky.
Soaking those red foam backed stamps in GooGone will get it all off!! I've done that too. I hate that red cushion. Anyway, put GG on the back and let it sit for awhile. Then scrap it a little and it comes off pretty easily.