Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 PM
teena

Another idea is to take individual tiny words on printed materials to use on inchies...

For instance...let's say your inchie was a picture of a rose...well...you could use the word GROW, BLOOM, ROSE, PETAL, FLOWER, BEAUTY, NATURE, etc...

I have also used some of that ribbon felt that has flowers, butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies, etc on it...and cut it apart to make many embellishments. Just another way to stretch the dollar!

Also, do not throw away the packaging that many of the scrapbooking embellishments come in...the cardboard backing may very well be beautiful used in a project somehow...as manufacturers love to put decorative paper/designs on that.

I also hang on to some things I print on cardstock from my computer...for instance, let's say that I find a royalty free, public domain image that I want to use for a project. Sometimes, if it is a place, there is a description of the place...for instance...

Niagra Falls: A waterfall located in North America, which is a favorite romantic getaway destination.

The above are my words, but I am just showing you that there would be several words that could be cut apart and used with various inchies or ATC's that would stand alone...
Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
teena

And don't forget those pesky UPC codes. They are usually black/white, and could be used in various ways to do a geometric or art deco card...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 PM

I've heard people are cutting the fuzz off chenille stems (pipe cleaners) and calling it faux flower soft. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds intriguing.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
teena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
I've heard people are cutting the fuzz off chenille stems (pipe cleaners) and calling it faux flower soft. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds intriguing.
HOW interesting...and sometimes after Christmas, the Red/white/green stems can be bought for a song!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Stamp Hoarder

I pick up all kinds of bits and pieces. Nuts and washers in different sizes can make great background stamps. A friend of mine had a bunch of washers in different sizes and she glued them onto some chipboard and made a really neat grunge type background stamp. You can do the same with nuts and things like that.

Also, if youhave any of the memory foam (the blue blocks that you heat and press something into it and it holds the shape) or even fun foam can work...you can heat and press just about anything into it to stamp with; paper clips, wicker, buttons, anything!