Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Been real & been fun

Oh Piecesandpom! You really should just give it a bit of a whirl! At least make the color wheel. That will help get you going, I'm certain as it did me! No time like the present.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Arlene rocks. I got to see the Colored Pencil Society's show in Atlanta last month. It's still up BTW. She had a great piece in it. I don't have the book but I think she 's referring to the Light Fast (LF) rating of the pencils. How much the pencils will fade.

Didn't see you had the answer.
Thanks Timbo yes piecesandpom had answered the question. I had posted it twice...as a direct question...I was so excited and impatient...lol
Since playing with the layering of colors I simply do not see any one color alone but the depth of so many more colors within. When Alsmouse lists colors that are like fruit...apricot and raspberry I see so many levels of color in them I cannot hardly hold myself back. My August tags have taken great leaps with apricot and raspberry...I see it smell it and taste it as well...lol
Even at that I feel rushed and know I will be late. Production work is not easy but the learning is wonderful as a process. I kind of think all my samples will be a bit different but similar? I found an ink very close to my slate color and wow it that empowering!
Spideycindy
Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Those extra layers really makes an image come alive doesn't it? Just noticed where you live. There's a great colored pencil artist who lives around that area. She is absolutely awesome. Here's her blog. There are links to get to her gallery there.
what a great link! The blog and challenge on cupcakes rocks big time. I loved viewing everyone's take on the subject matter. Wow talk about fun!
Karen take a peek and be brave no journey can ever begin without the first step. It is a simple journey and a delightful learning opportunity!
I envy your opportunity to be so close to such a great talent!
Spidey
Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM

W e l l, heart of heart speak here - part of what I'd like to do is take some of my pieces with me so I can get a critique and some pointers.

And maybe see if she'd sell some of my pieces if she has a gallery. . .I can probably get some ideas on cards versus shadow box treatment, etc.

I'm a little stuck right now grieving over an old friend who encouraged my embroidery and taught me how to best frame the pieces I was creating for family, was there to help me with the art piece I wanted in my office for my first big promotion and aided in framing many special pictures for and of my girls. Woven threads and the circle of life types of thoughts these days!