Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.
Default Color pencil question

Arlene Steinberg author of "Masterful Color" that The AfricanQueen brought up IS a wonderful book I just had to get it but I have a question.
Premiere prisma Color pencils are her go to pencils but in her color chart she also references colors from another pencil "LF103, LF108 and so on.
Who can tell me what LF might mean? A Mfgr or pencil type? I searched her book to no avail.
Most grateful for any ideas you have.
Spidey
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 PM

There are prismacolor pencils called lightfast. I just checked their website and sure enough their lightfast numbers begin with LF. They also appear to have what I call watercolor or oil paint names next to them. My assumption is that you'd layer/mix them in order to get the color values you want a la watercolor or oil painting. From what I remember African Queen and her thoughts on the book, I would believe the artist is givin you options/directions on how to use both sets of pencils together to create even more beautiful colors. Lightfast are supposed to be 'fade-resistant.'
Old 09-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Oh my goodness..I thought it was a mfgr outside the Prisma color venue. Yes that book rocks on color building and I am so excited to have it.
I am having computer problems. I actually went to the prisma color site and tried to view a video onsite and discovered my computer has a serious infection and all heck and panick ensued. We cannot seem to get rid of it and I have installed all the latest video viewing systems needed but this virus had messed badly with it and the ip is not reading. I am afraid I did not get very far once I discovered that issue and went to deep, deep scanning to no avail. My computer time may be limited at best until we can fix or replace the problem aspects.
I may end up going down in a sad viral blaze of tears in the near future.
I will be going back to check it out yet again.
I did know Arlene likes the premiere set but had not realized the LF.
Thanks Karen.
Spidey