Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 AM

Hi Inky, I'm so glad you are back with all of your wonderful input. I just finished reading your veneer tip sheet. Wonderful.

Just a reminder to all of you veneer stampers, ggdesigns is hosting a Wood Veneer Challenge for the month of September. Her site will also tell you how to receive your FREE samples.

Inky, I'll be forwarding your blog link to ggdesigns. She will love all of your tips.

Storing under weight has solved all of my warping problems. I also picked up some new information from your tips. Again, wonderful.

Jeanette
Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Inky the Muse

You are most welcome, Jeanette!

Between Pat & I, we had collected info on how to best use his veneer, but the same questions kept coming up. So I pooled all the bits & pieces and that list is the result. I've added to it since it was first written. I used die cut birch veneer for a stamp camp recently & discovered that with SU!s craft ink I didn't have to pre-seal the wood before stamping (NO bleeding!) AND the porosity of the wood allows the craft ink to dry with a semi-matte finishe not too far off from what it looks like when heat set. It tends to have more of a semi-gloss appearance when air dried on cardstock, so I was happy to see these results.

Go ahead & Thanks! I'm sure Gretchen will find it handy to have the info available for folks interested in the challenge.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Enthusiastic Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
Hi Inky, I'm so glad you are back with all of your wonderful input. I just finished reading your veneer tip sheet. Wonderful.

Just a reminder to all of you veneer stampers, ggdesigns is hosting a Wood Veneer Challenge for the month of September. Her site will also tell you how to receive your FREE samples.

Inky, I'll be forwarding your blog link to ggdesigns. She will love all of your tips.

Storing under weight has solved all of my warping problems. I also picked up some new information from your tips. Again, wonderful.

Jeanette
===============================================
Glad to see so much interest in wood veneer!

Jeanette put together an interesting, exciting,informative tutorial http://www.ggdesigns.net/JeanetteWat...rTutorial.html which includes a downloadable two page "cheat sheet" to have in hand while working on your project. I don't know about your work situation but I "craft" in a completely different area than I "computer" so this is especially handy.

If it's OK with you, Inky, I'd like to suggest downloading your great tips list as well.

Pieces and Pom has an interesting idea for using veneer and has agreed to present it during the September Wood Veneer Challenge. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a long list of ideas for using veneer.

While you are checking out Jeanette's Tutorial you will find her generous FREE offer. She wants to be sure you all get a chance to try the tutorial and the material.

Pat Dowlan, "The Wood Veneer Man"
feels much the same way and has a couple of sample sets put together so you can have sufficient materials to play with and test out without breaking the bank!

Oh...by the way....this month's Challenge will actually be JUDGED! We often give in and are unable to make a choice so resort to the "draw a name from the hat" trick. BUT Jeanette, Pat and gg designs PLUS votes from viewers will combine to pick a winner. So, if you'd like to help pick the winner, be sure to check out the progress throughout the month and vote for the entry you think most interesting, best, most unique....whatever!

The main idea is to get the wood veneer information out there so more people can enjoy and use it.

Come on and play! : )

Charlotte

P.S. Didn't mean to get so long winded! Sorry!

Last edited by gg designs; 08-31-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: omission