Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybubbles View Post
LOL! I know right??!! I used to have my own paid webhosting space for my website. woo-hoo! that was FUN! NOT!!! LoL I was constantly asking for help and a lot of times, had to resort to "trying" hence the word "trying" to learn HTML. I even bought a book on it.. Now, I have my own paid webhosting through GoDaddy.com. Still doesn't make it any easier...LOL but, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wordpress. THEY do. I've used them for years now. They have a free blog acct. through Wordpress.com or you can use Wordpress.org through a paid host. I have so many more options with the .org. I do NOT like Blogger. I have an account with them but, only so my pic will show up next to my posts when I post on a blogger site...
If you have a Wordpress blog on the Wordpress site then you are not allowed to sell anything or advertise anything on your blog. People still do it but it is against their policy. If you use the Wordpress software on your own website, then you can advertise anything you have for sale on your blog. That's why I went with Blogspot/Blogger.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
collageaddict

I guesss i do not know how to do it without using photobucket...
i use blogger/with my gmail account i guess, i feel like such a idiot, as i have never had this much trouble doing anything..thank you ladies
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
collageaddict

I don't know that i have ever been this PO'd, or its been since forever, or my kids left home! IT is probally something so simple, that will get the red neck, "Here's your sign" award! But i do appreciate the help and being able to vent about it. thank you very much
Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Did you save the image on your computer? I'm happy to walk you through it.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Default WP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybubbles View Post
LOL! I know right??!! I used to have my own paid webhosting space for my website. woo-hoo! that was FUN! NOT!!! LoL I was constantly asking for help and a lot of times, had to resort to "trying" hence the word "trying" to learn HTML. I even bought a book on it.. Now, I have my own paid webhosting through GoDaddy.com. Still doesn't make it any easier...LOL but, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wordpress. THEY do. I've used them for years now. They have a free blog acct. through Wordpress.com or you can use Wordpress.org through a paid host. I have so many more options with the .org. I do NOT like Blogger. I have an account with them but, only so my pic will show up next to my posts when I post on a blogger site...
Having just been tearing out my hair with new WP templates I sat in awe and read all you wrote!! LOL I have both WP.com and WP.org but got templates from Dreamtemplates which are wonderful, but after uploading on WP they seem impossible to edit. I am not able to add a page, or a tab, or anything or figure out how to get the ads in the lil squares, LOL. I have another one that I got through WP and have no problems. So I spent some hrs screaming here before trashing the whole idea and looking for new templates, but I am sure I am just doing something wrong. Going to write to dream templates as I really want those that I picked out. Alas, I am not a web expert, but learning a heck of a lot about long tail key words, SEO and stuff that I never even thought about. I have a lot of homework! LOL
Denyse
Old 05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
collageaddict

yes I have blogger.any help would be great...
I saved it to my computer, and thats when it all goes bad...but i am gonna give it a go, again, may be madder than a wet hen, but I am even more stubborn, so just picture the meanest, most orinery chicken, thats me...lol
not kidding....
Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
collageaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkieroo View Post
Having just been tearing out my hair with new WP templates I sat in awe and read all you wrote!! LOL I have both WP.com and WP.org but got templates from Dreamtemplates which are wonderful, but after uploading on WP they seem impossible to edit. I am not able to add a page, or a tab, or anything or figure out how to get the ads in the lil squares, LOL. I have another one that I got through WP and have no problems. So I spent some hrs screaming here before trashing the whole idea and looking for new templates, but I am sure I am just doing something wrong. Going to write to dream templates as I really want those that I picked out. Alas, I am not a web expert, but learning a heck of a lot about long tail key words, SEO and stuff that I never even thought about. I have a lot of homework! LOL
Denyse
yes, and its suppose to simplify our lives....I think i grew 8000 new grey hairs today!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

First you need to know where you saved that file because you'll need to find it to upload it to your blog.

Go to your Blogger Dashboard
Click on Layout
Click on Add Gadget
Find and click on the gadget Picture
Click Browse (make sure the "image from your computer" is checked) and find the file on your computer
Copy this link: http://rubberstampchat.net/ and paste that in the Link box above your picture.
Click on Save
Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
collageaddict

OMG!!!!!!!!! I have hours invested in this, and you walked me through it in 5 seconds, and it worked.THANK YOU
i was trying to add it in another gadget, that was just the html gadget
Thank you so very much, you have no idea how i appreciate this, I would still be doing this in year 3000 and still be trying to get it right. thank you,I owe you big!! Would you like my first born???? lol
Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

You're very welcome.