Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
katstamps

Question Artist creating new stamp line ~ advice/suggestions?

Hi, I'm a longtime illustrator launching an art stamp company with my own designs. I've done a lot of research with regard to types of art stamps which are popular, and I can illustrate in a wide variety of styles/themes. I'm hoping to get some experienced input from the Rubber Stamp Chat community of art stampers regarding what type designs they'd like to see, are popular, etc.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 AM

I think stampers fall into categories according to their taste...there are those like "cute" and those who like "artsy". The stamps I like the very best, and have for many many years , are the ones by PSX. The main thing is to create a stamp that stamps clean and thoroughly. I have lots of very specific seasonal stamps, but use my florals, flourishes and people stamps most of the time.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM

What I have trouble finding is stamps that scale/size with what I am doing. I find a scene or stamp I like for a standard 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card but then have trouble ensuring I have elements to attach to it that meet the scale of the original stamp. Often the ATC size may be too small or collagey for me but the original stamp size is a larger scale.

I tend to find floral stamps that are either too large or small if I want to incorporate them with another element. I have the same problem with people stamps. . .

I'm trying to expand the variety of card sizes so this doesn't continue to be a problem for me, but the type of struggle I have can be found in my Butterfly Girl, Beach Swap and Little Girl at the Beach and a few other artistic cards in my gallery here.

Last edited by piecesandpom; 04-27-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Add additional examples