Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Default options for looking at posts

Hi Amy,
Question/suggestion for you...

When I log in I often hit the "new posts" button to see what's been posted and what people are chatting about since last I visited the site. I see there is also an option under quick links to see "today's posts". I was wondering if it would be possible to have some other options for reviewing recent posts? Like maybe in addition to today's posts in quick links we could have the option to look at posts from the last 2,3,7, or 10 days?

That way if I take a quick read of what's new each day but want to sit down once a week and look at things in more detail, I could do that. (Or if I was away for a while, or got interrupted while reading the most recent posts I could still go back in a day or two and pull up new posts from the past few days or week, etc.) Otherwise I don't see a way to get a list of recently updated threads, would just have to go through the different parts of the bulletin board one by one and check dates I guess.

Just a thought...

Thanks for organizing this site, I'm really enjoying it!

Kate
Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Kate,
Go to your User CP and to Edit Options>Thread Display Options>Default Thread Age Cut Off, here you can set threads to show for many different options including the last week. Once you change it, save it. Then when you go back to look at the forum and open each room you will only see threads that have posts in the time period you selected. Just remember that if you want to go back and see everything you'll have to go to your User CP and change it back to the default setting.

Amy
Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
Kate,
Go to your User CP and to Edit Options>Thread Display Options>Default Thread Age Cut Off, here you can set threads to show for many different options including the last week. Once you change it, save it. Then when you go back to look at the forum and open each room you will only see threads that have posts in the time period you selected. Just remember that if you want to go back and see everything you'll have to go to your User CP and change it back to the default setting.

Amy
You are ever so smart wise one--I wondered the same thing the other day as I lost some post I was reading--I do love how I can go into last post and read the most current :