Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Bulletin Board > Questions and Suggestions

Questions and Suggestions Questions about the forum or software? Can't figure something out? Ask me here.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
..your best bet is to email the file to the owner, have them upload it to their own gallery and then delete it from yours.
That works too! Plus it will give the maker of the card practice uploading for the day when they have the stuff to do it themselves.

P.S. to Spideycindy...moving gallery images isn't just about server space. All members have a gallery in their name, but when I load somebody else's projects, they're listed under my name in my gallery. I didn't make them & I think the person who did should get full credit and their own gallery show.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Now it comes out! A subtle conspiracy to make us work, learn and explore...... Torture and mayhem! Making some of us (okay me) upload my own stuff -you have no idea what you're asking.
Still, i do appreciate that you and Stacy have used your space to show my stuff. Thank you both. E-mail me the file. I'll do my best. And i will have that little talk with my scanner some time soon.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Inky the Muse

Once your scanner is set up & you have some kind of basic photo editing software on your computer (most software packages come w/something usable that can be set to 100 dpi or less), the actual scanning, editing (most scans/photos require cropping as the minimum editing effort) & uploading are easy peasy, nice & squeezy! Moving scan files is usually just a matter of copy/pasting them from the scanner file to a labeled storage file. The RSC photo upload system has this nifty "browse" feature that can be directed to the storage file on your computer and then you click the image you wish to load & click the "open" button. The file will magically appear in the right box in the RSC upload window & you just add the appropriate info below it. I figured it out all by myself & I usually have to ask DH for "help" when trying to learn new 'puter skills.

If I can learn how to do this, anybody here can!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 PM

Thanks Inky! You make it sound marvelously simple
Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
RSMaker

Default Basic Scanning Stuff.....

As was mentioned, most scanners come with some scanning and editing software. My Canon came with Canon ScanGear Toolbox or something like that. It offers several forms of output: you can scan directly to a printer (think your own xerox!), scan for an email, scan and print to a file (like Adobe pdf), or scan to your hardrive. It's the last option that has (at least) two critical choices: scan as a TIF or scan as a JPG. For uploading to RSC or any other online web gallery, always choose JPG. The TIF format comes out HUGE on your hard-drive, and TIFs are not web-compatible.

I just, just, just in the past month discovered two additional features of my ScanGear Toolbox software that is literally a time-saver and hard-disk-space saver.

If you have multiple images on a full sheet of paper, look for an option that you can turn on that says: MULTI-IMAGE SCAN. (I swear that option just appeared last month, even though my scanner is 5+ years old!!)

With this option turned on, you preview the scan first, and the scanner will attempt to identify and marquee all the individual items on the page!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?? Can't tell you how much time I have wasted over the years cropping a large scan, save-as, then reopen the large scan and do it again. The software will then send all individual images, with their own unique filename to your photo-editing package.

The other option which just magically appeared recently is the "save at percentage" option. A full sheet of scans at 300 dpi tends to run about 25.8MB - which is huge. In a little tiny space in the right hand corner is a box that says: 100%. I now standardly change it to 40% -- and it's almost the perfect size for websites or gallery sharing.

That's it -- you learn something new everyday, and I'm just wondering where the hell is it all supposed to fit upstairs?? Does something else leave??

Good luck!

PS: I would also suggest when sending a file from one membr's gallery to its proper owner that upon receipt, the owner give it a new name. If the recipient tries to upload it with the same name that it was on the RSC Gallery, it will probably cause some problems.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Thank you Cheryl, for valuable information, and the good thoughts.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 AM
stampin stacy

Like Inky Whiskers I don't mind uploading for someone else, I still have plenty of room in gallery memory but it always makes me sad when an image comes up with my name and it isn't mine. Everyone works hard on their art and it is such a thrill to see it come up with your name on it and I want you to experience that for yourself.

My printer/scanner also came with software that I use when scanning pictures and yes it is super easy. My happens to default to 72 DPI even. You can create a file called stamped images or something similar to put everything in and then they are easy to find when you get ready to upload.

My resizing issues are with pictures from my digital camera but even this is super easy and most basic photo editing software can be used for this. AND IT'S STILL EASY TO DO, I PROMISE! Just save an image twice under two different names and then play with one of them.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
wood veneer man

should I delete my images I have in my gallery ? I want to crop the ones that are there and then place them back in my gallery. Need to get the white out.
Thanks,

Wood veneer man
Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Inky the Muse

As long as you have the original pix saved on your computer, that's what I'd do, but Amy may know a super spiffy easier way to do it.