Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Years ago I swore that they could have my wood mounts when they tore them from my cold, dead hands. LOL But by the time I had about 1,000 stamps I knew that I was going to have to go unmounted.

Now I have over 5,000 stamps so all my rubber is on EZ Mount and in binders, sorted by theme and I stamp each image in an index binder by company. I've only ever had a very few slip on the EZ Mount and usually I just peel it back and realign it and it's fine.

I LOVE having them sorted in binders by theme because it makes it so easy to find the image I'm looking for. And I can have the binder out on my table while I'm working and don't have to keep getting different binders out.

Clear stamps...I've got around 500 of them, give or take. Some of them the images aren't very sharp, but for the most part they do the job. I have a couple that have ripped...but if I put them on the block carefully...I can stamp them and you can't tell that it's ripped. Some of them are discolored...but so is a lot of my rubber. I don't care what color it is as long as it stamps. I've acquired used rubber over the years that was so brittle it wouldn't stamp, but I've never had that problem with any of the clear stamps I've got. I do love clear alpha stamps! It's so nice to be able to stamp a word in a straight line!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Cookie Muncher

Everyone has her or his own way of organizing. While moving my stamps and paraphernalia into my smallest bedroom, I became aware that I hadn't used my cling-mounted stamps in ever so long, and many of my raw rubber images have never been used. I took the 50 or so cling images out of my notebook and arranged them in a plastic drawer with category dividers. I also have a huge supply of different-sized wooden blocks I bought from Paula Montgomery when she closed down Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, so I'm now mounting my raw rubber. I may have to get another couple of drawer sets from Scrap 'n' Cube, but it'll be worth it for me to see what I have when I open a drawer.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:04 PM

I do use my wood mounted more, because you see them more.
I have them in those plastic drawer cabinets. I just wish I put them back in the correct drawer, so I didn't route so much.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Haha! I used to keep mind in drawers in a rolling cart...kind of by theme. And I didn't use them much because I hated having to dig for them.

When I decided to go unmounted i was getting different opinions on storage and some suggested cd cases. I estimated that I would have needed over 1,000 cd cases...and that's just for the stamps that would fit in them. That's why I decided to go with binders. That and I hate trying to open those damn cases! LOL

It's great that there are different ways to store and organize your stamps so everyone can use a system that works best for them!