Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:08 PM

I think I have about 2/3rds of my stamps indexed.

I'm really going to have index my sentiment stamps. Lots of these are with the SUp sets and I don't want to break those up. I think if I index them I'll see where I have gaps - like needing a larger Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas than what I currently have. This will go in my 3 ring binder so I can reference things quickly.

I find that some stamps of my stamps are too trendy or just a fad and I'm slowly purging those.

Need to hit Stampo's store. Eldest is getting married next year and I'm not finding much I like for bridal shower or a wedding card!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Been real & been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
I think I have about 2/3rds of my stamps indexed.

I'm really going to have index my sentiment stamps. Lots of these are with the SUp sets and I don't want to break those up. I think if I index them I'll see where I have gaps - like needing a larger Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas than what I currently have. This will go in my 3 ring binder so I can reference things quickly.

I find that some stamps of my stamps are too trendy or just a fad and I'm slowly purging those.

Need to hit Stampo's store. Eldest is getting married next year and I'm not finding much I like for bridal shower or a wedding card!
Definitely hit Stampo's store. Another consideration is Rubber Romance stamps sold by I Brake For Stamps. I have one of their bridal stamps and I believe they have at least two more.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:04 PM

Default Indexing

I have two systems for images, neither complete, and neither fully satisfactory. I stamp off each image as they come into my possession as soon as I apply cling foam and trim. In the past I then put images in notebooks in categories with the stamps themselves in other 3 ring binders (I figure I'm old enough that if they begin to distort because of the way I store them, I'll either no longer care, and if I do, I'll have a reason to seek out replacements :-) I've been trying to convert my notebooks of images into card catalogs by topical area with only limited success. The sentiments I've stamped onto 4 X 6 notecards, put packing tape onto the card and relying on the cling properties of the cling foam and the packing tape I adhere the image to the card (so I can read the stamped image and have the stamp itself immediately available), and file them in photo boxes. Sometimes the stamps don't cling, and they don't sit in their photo boxes very elegantly, but it's increased my ability to find sentiments and use them. Previously, I had sentiment stamps in a 3 ring notebook and used a mirror to hunt for the sentiment I wanted. Not sure if my description quite captures the process, but I think the moral of the story is that there is no perfect indexing system, and one has to find one that works, then keep it up. The number of stamps I own has outstripped the time I have available for organized indexing and life's too short

Debra
Old 08-21-2014, 07:24 PM

I posted a photo and explanation of my stamp storage system in the gallery.
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...5&ppuser=28349

Last edited by Don; 08-23-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Add link