Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Been real & been fun

Default Distress Ink experiment

I needed a visual for myself after research and viewing so many different Distress Ink tutorials.

This experiment involves DI's Festive Berries, Gesso, matte ModPodge and 3D Crystal Lacquer. In each case, the DI was mixed with about a nickel size of the three different mediums. I used a foam brush to apply each mixture to the cardstock which had a matte finish to it.

My favorite is the Crystal Lacquer, although it has the most brush stroke to it. My husband and a friend of ours does some major painting, so I picked their brains today. Their suggestions included using a fine synthetic brush while using a light hand application; an airbrush; applying the DI first and then pouring the lacquer over it.

Other ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DI experiment (500x366).jpg (21.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-23-2013, 08:20 AM
stampin stacy

Really interesting experiment, thank you for the sharing the pics with us. Since CL is self leveling you can mix it ahead of time and then just pour it on as well. You may end up with a fourth look though, shear with the background showing of item it was poured on.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Been real & been fun

I thought about just pouring the CL on, but didn't want it to run off the object. That could end up being a serious mess. And I do still want to add the DI to it. I see another experiment in the making...